spc
uniqs
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf to Mephistos

to Mephistos

Re: [DSL] 25M/10M Service at a Glorious 6Mbps speed

I put in a ticket to "max out" the profile and I get told by TSI support that oh, they maxed it to 6M.
Perhaps your terminology is the problem. Rather than asking them to "max out" the profile, maybe they should ask Bell to apply the correct speed profile for the 25/10 service, or to activate the line.

I'm still waiting for you to post the results of a speed test, btw... I know that you say that this is what you got when you asked them for the line stats, but my understanding of how Bell works is that it may not actually require a port change to go from 6M to 25M, and it's possible that the port simply hadn't been activated as of the last time they checked.
Mephistos
join:2010-06-20

Mephistos

said by taraf:

Perhaps your terminology is the problem. Rather than asking them to "max out" the profile, maybe they should ask Bell to apply the correct speed profile for the 25/10 service, or to activate the line.

I'm still waiting for you to post the results of a speed test, btw... I know that you say that this is what you got when you asked them for the line stats, but my understanding of how Bell works is that it may not actually require a port change to go from 6M to 25M, and it's possible that the port simply hadn't been activated as of the last time they checked.

Hi taraf,

I'm about to wrap up the thread for my own purposes here, but I'll take the time to answer your points, since you're interested.

I wasn't sure what the situation was either, if they'd have to change my port or not. Regarding my use of language I was quoting TekSupport - of course it should have requested to change the profile last week, but I don't know the wording that was used in the ticket, or I would provide that for you.>

What I can confirm for you is that the port was changed around 9am Sunday morning, which was a nice surprise to wake up to. Still no explanation as to why it happened on a Sunday after chasing them and opening 3 different tickets instead of just happening as scheduled for the original order.

If you want the results of the speed test posted here for academic reasons I'll ask TSI Support to e-mail it to me. Over the phone as of noon today it's at 50% capacity for download and 76% capacity for upload, and my speed profile is currently 26/11 of which I cannot complain at all.