uniqs

Ray2047a
@sbcglobal.net

Ray2047a to NetFixer

Anon

to NetFixer

Re: Does AT&T Cancel Email For Non Use

Does AT&T Cancel Email For Non Use

Several months ago I started getting a message from Gmail they could no longer retrieve mail from my information. Spent a couple of frustrating hours trying to get it to work and gave up since I hadn't really used the account in a long time. Also tried accessing using an email client but no luck.

Tried again tonight trying to access through my online account for my DSL. Got a message the Email address was not valid. Tried both SBCGlobal and Att. I was wondering if the email address gets deleted for non use after awhile.

They do manage to send my bills to my Gmail account but I don't seem to get notices like rate increases.

I have Dry loop service. Originally it was through the SBC-Yahoo service back in 2005.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by ray2047:

Several months ago I started getting a message from Gmail they could no longer retrieve mail from my Gmail account. Spent a couple of frustrating hours trying to get it to work and gave up since I hadn't really used the account in a long time. Also tried accessing by setting up an email client but no luck.

Tried again tonight trying to access through my online account for my DSL. Got a message the Email address was not valid. Tried both SBCGlobal and Att. I was wondering if the email address gets deleted for non use after awhile.

They do manage to send my bills to my Gmail account but I don't seem to get notices like rate increases.

I have Dry loop service. Originally it was through the SBC-Yahoo service back in 2005.

said by Ray2047a :

Does AT&T Cancel Email For Non Use

Several months ago I started getting a message from Gmail they could no longer retrieve mail from my information. Spent a couple of frustrating hours trying to get it to work and gave up since I hadn't really used the account in a long time. Also tried accessing using an email client but no luck.

Umm, OK. Repeating it almost verbatim makes the meaning much clearer than the first time.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Ray2047a

MVM

to Ray2047a
If that is supposed to be a clarification of the original problem statement, it isn't working.

My response does not change, much. I've never seen evidence of cancellation for non-use. What I have seen is "phishing" e-mail, claiming to be from AT&T (but actually not) stating that idle e-mail accounts will be canceled, unless the subscriber "proves" they still use the accounts by providing the login details (username+password). These are not from AT&T; no service provider will send requests for login details out of the blue.

If your login no longer works, have you, maybe, responded to such a request? Along with the noted security lapse by Yahoo! Voice (I believe it was), this would account for a login failure.

I will reiterate: If your account has actually been compromised, the hijacker very likely will change the login, causing the failure you see. I have a relative who had this happen; probably due to a brute-forced weak password.

I strongly recommend you go to »mail.yahoo.com and try this:

Password reset request.

If that does not work, you will need to contact Yahoo! support for further assistance.

If you think my advice is off base, you will need to improve your problem statement; as stated (twice, so far) it is too ambiguous.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

said by NormanS:

My response does not change, much. I've never seen evidence of cancellation for non-use. uous.

Agreed. For what it is worth, I dropped AT&T dsl over a year ago and still have my AT&T/Yahoo mail account though I visit it seldom...
ClearFir
join:2012-04-09
Branford, CT

ClearFir

Me too...dropped AT&T months ago and I still get a lot of mail via the old AT&T/Yahoo address.