Premium Member

New HDD, calling Koitsu

Click for full size
Before
Click for full size
During

After
WD Caviar Black 2TB for the new build.

I plan on imaging my 2x 750 RAID 0 array onto this and moving it to my new build as my data drive, and getting away from RAID entirely. My Samsung 840 500GB will be my boot drive, and I have a 3 TB WD Red I have not opened up yet that I will use as backup for both.

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu

MVM

Going purely off of the SMART statistics (because your Error Scan had "Quick scan" enabled, which doesn't read every LBA on the drive) -- the drive looks completely healthy.

If you want to make sure there's no physical sector-level issues at this time, use the Erase feature to zero the drive. This will issue writes to every physical sector on the disk, and if there are issues (e.g. remaps/reallocations) they'll appear up in the SMART attributes afterwards (attributes 0x05, 0xC4, 0xC5, or 0xC6 -- and possibly 0xC8).

If you're at all worried about 0xC0 (unsafe shutdown count), don't be -- the drive came like this from the factory (Google "dukandricka smart attributes zeroed" if you want to see my Youtube video as evidence/reference material).

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yup, I omitted the erase screenshot as it's pretty boring to watch paint dry. I did SMART data, error check, erase, SMART data.

Many thanks!