Search similar:

uniqs

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

1 edit

Nitra

50/10 SMB connection, 625 René-Lévesque W. Montrea

Is anyone other then Bell offering this?
I've vetted the address in Montreal, shows 50/10 is available.

We have a suite at
625 René-Lévesque Blvd. W.
Montréal, Quebec H3B 1R2

Problem is, there's no cable in the building to get us a good high speed connection, there is a carrier hotel on the second floor, but unknown if they could somehow get us a wire up to our suite.

Anyone have ideas?
I do not want to have to deal with Bell again, they still owe us from a billing gaffe from 3 months ago.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

Re: 50/10 SMB connection, 625 René-Lévesque W. Mon

Teksavvy has stated they intend to offer this, and they have pricing listed, the offer hasn't launched proper yet though.

EQ
DSL_Ricer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-22

DSL_Ricer

Premium Member

You are in the same building as cologix. Getting DSL would be like signing up for dialup in a google fiber neighborhood.

I'm no expert in fiber deployments, but I'd suggest you call both cologix and cogent. At the very least, you should be able to get the on-net pricing from Cogent. I'd expect that to be cheaper than DSL.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

Cogent should work, but be advised that installation will probably cost you $1,000. On the plus side, they'll be the ones running the wire from their equipment room to your office.

I had Cogent when my servers were at Cologix's datacenter at 1250 René-Lévesque. They were extremely reliable, even detecting the times when my own equipment was down!
edugas
join:2004-03-18
H2K

edugas

You can ask for a quote at CSR.Sales@cogecodata.com. We're the Montreal-based office and we're currently on-net at 625 René-Levesque.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to Nitra

to Nitra
Just a quick note that Cogeco and Cogent are two entirely different companies.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

I sent off a few emails and made a few calls.
It's not exactly cheap to get a basic connection, I fear I may need to go to DSL. The building has offered to give us a drop down to Cologix, but I need to get a connection there.

Jay_P
join:2005-12-12
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

said by Nitra:

I sent off a few emails and made a few calls.
It's not exactly cheap to get a basic connection, I fear I may need to go to DSL. The building has offered to give us a drop down to Cologix, but I need to get a connection there.

If netelligent still has a presence there you can contact them. They should be able to do small commits with a much smaller setup fee.
WebBluenet
join:2009-05-30
Sainte-Rose, QC

WebBluenet to Nitra

to Nitra
Fibremedia.ca is a client of cologix, and they have fiber running right in front of 625 going to 1250. Give them a call. You won't believe there pricing!!

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Nitra

MVM

to Nitra
Why are you referring to yourself in the third person? :P
WebBluenet
join:2009-05-30
Sainte-Rose, QC

WebBluenet

Because SkyNet Canada and Fibre Media Inc. are two seperate entities. Is this answer suitable?

openvz_ca
join:2008-12-13
canada

openvz_ca to Nitra

to Nitra
So close but so far!!
edugas
join:2004-03-18
H2K

edugas to Nitra

to Nitra
Well, the cross-connect inside Cologix is 500$NRC and 250$MRC for fiber, 250$NRC and 150$MRC for copper. You need this cross-connect between the provider and the end-user (if it goes elsewhere in the building, I don't have a clue about the cost).

Add 5 to 10$ per Mbps for transit and you get what a business class service cost.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Guspaz

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Why are you referring to yourself in the third person? :P

openvz_ca
join:2008-12-13
canada

openvz_ca to edugas

to edugas
said by edugas:

Well, the cross-connect inside Cologix is 500$NRC and 250$MRC for fiber, 250$NRC and 150$MRC for copper. You need this cross-connect between the provider and the end-user (if it goes elsewhere in the building, I don't have a clue about the cost).

Add 5 to 10$ per Mbps for transit and you get what a business class service cost.

FWIW, I would recommend contacting Cogent.

Most of the time, they have a separate demarc point in corporate office buildings so that the property owner/manager can connect other tenants in the building to them and avoiding the DC internal XO fees.

I know this is the case at 1250 RL. You don't actually have to get a cross connect into Cologix for Cogent to provide you with internet access.