All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
berthagator
join:2013-03-18
Durham, NC

berthagator

[CenturyTel] Cannot get to RR webmail - what changed?

So about three months ago, all of a sudden, I cannot access Roadrunner's webmail page from my Centurylink DSL account. I keep getting a message that webmail.roadrunner.com is not available.

However, if I turn on my work VPN, or my husband's work VPN, I can get there just fine. This is on multiple devices. Even my cellphone - if I turn off the wireless, I can retrieve RR emails from my device (obviously not using webmail). But with wireless turned on, no dice.

I can ping the RR webmail server just fine, and I have a complete tracert between the two addresses.

Any idea what is going on? I don't have any other choices for DSL out in the sticks where I live, but I'm getting really tired of having to do all kinds of contortions to get to my RR webmail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
GetMoney
join:2010-06-11

GetMoney

Don't use ISP provided email and your problem is solved

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc to berthagator

to berthagator
Have you tried using a different DNS server? Google DNS and OpenDNS are good choices.
berthagator
join:2013-03-18
Durham, NC

berthagator

Help me understand how that would fix it - I can resolve the address, I just can't make the connection from Centurylink. The address resolves the same whether I'm on the CL network, or using my work VPN, so it doesn't look like it's an addressing problem, does it? I could be wrong, just trying to make sure I am describing the problem accurately.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to berthagator

MVM

to berthagator
Have you seen this? »Road Runner HSI Forum FAQ »Does Road Runner offer Webmail?
GetMoney
join:2010-06-11

GetMoney to berthagator

to berthagator
Are you sure the URL didn't change? I have TWC service and when I type in webmail.roadrunner.com the page does not load.

I also recommend you switch to gmail or hotmail or ymail or whatever. Those addresses have nearly an infinite life whereas an ISP can go out of business or change names or anything, too risky for me personally.

Plus companies like Google and Yahoo have dedicated teams that manage the entire scope of their email product. CenturyLink uses a third party company to provide their actual email system, Synacor, Hostopia and a few others depending on where you live. If they have major system issues (like today with the new update) they have to open a ticket for the vendor and they are at the vendors disposal. Basically giving the customer the shaft. Just sayin

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

That's why I posted the link. The URLs did change and other stuff too.