how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Slagathor

join:2002-01-07
Merrill, WI

No more 24 month price quarantee??

Just chatted with charter, they informed me they no longer have the 24 month price guarantee, and the only 2 packages are a 30 and a 100mbps.

Any truth to the price guarantee or they pulling my leg?

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
There has been no 24 month price guarantee since July of 2012.

You might pick up a "promo" for 12 months.

Regular price of 30mbps internet is $49.99 I believe. Promo-ed sometimes to $29.99 for 12 months if you bundle.

said by Slagathor:

Just chatted with charter, they informed me they no longer have the 24 month price guarantee, and the only 2 packages are a 30 and a 100mbps.

Any truth to the price guarantee or they pulling my leg?

lineofsight

join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL
reply to Slagathor
I can't be sure if it's $49.99 or $54.99.
On my last bill, they charged me $54.99, less $20 for the fact that I am on a 24 month agreement ($34.99) and then they added back in $10 for the 30 meg upgrade. Bringing my bill to $44.99.
Based on that, I think that once my 24 months are up, my bill will simply be $54.99, as the $20 credit goes away and the $10 upcharge for 30 meg would be redundant, since it will be 30 meg for everyone anyway.
It's really hard to tell what they are doing, other than cracking down on the perpetual "new customer" deals for existing customers.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Slagathor
My internet bill is still $49.99, but I was never on any promo.

Yes,
Charter still advertises promo's for bundles of phone and internet, at least on tv, as stupid as those commercials are!!

Can't say as I've seen any promo or anything for the tv packages in quite some time, which is just as well, as even on just expanded basic, their tv pretty much sucks anyway!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Slagathor

join:2002-01-07
Merrill, WI
Thanks for the replys, never know when there feeding you a line......heh

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17
reply to lineofsight
The $10 up-charge for 30Mbps will remain unless you take the new pricing package.

I have a similar thing going on and it is $47.99 +$10 up-charge for Internet Plus upgrade. Since your basic rate seems to be $54.99 I believe yours will be $54.99 +$10, or $64.99.

As to Internet "deals", the current deal looks to be 12 months at $29.99 for 30Mbps for new customers taking a bundle package.

lineofsight

East Saint Louis, IL
reply to Slagathor
That is a tough choice......

Stay with what I have, which is 30 meg, for $64.99 or;

Take the new pricing package, which is 30 meg, for $54.99.

I can't decide which one to go with........

whoaru99

If you take the new 30Mbps package it should be $49.99.

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
My 49.99 just jumped to 54.99, plus tax, making the bill 55.25 per month.

lineofsight

East Saint Louis, IL
reply to Slagathor
Tax? for internet?

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to Slagathor
on the NEW packages, taxes are INCLUDED in the package price.

There used to be $13 worth of taxes on the phone portion alone......alot of that was "made up charter taxes--regulatory this, regulatory this crap" because an itemization of the actual taxes included are....
TAXES: TELEPHONE SALES TAX $1.57.
FEES AND CHARGES: FEDERAL UNIVERSAL SERVICE FUND
$0.52, STATE E911 SURCHARGE $1.00.......which equals 3.09.

Used to be some $6.00 EXTRA tax on the phone bill. That disappeared.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
reply to lineofsight
No tax on the internet here in this state.

Yet my latest bill says 52.99 for my grandfathered in 15/3mb tier.???

I can't wait to here the latest random excuse from Charter.

I'm only a couple of weeks from cancelling anyhow so they won't be getting that amount anyway! LOL

lineofsight

East Saint Louis, IL
reply to Slagathor
I have a friend who recently got the $29.99 12 month deal. There is no tax. It is MO.

whoaru99

reply to compuguybna
There is no tax indicated in the billing area dedicated to Internet on my statements. I'm still on one of the old plans.

Plenty of taxes laid out in the TV billing area though.

MN here.

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to Slagathor
Yes it's true. Not only that, but Charter has started arbitrarily raising prices even if you were in the midst of a 24 month plan. I was 13 or 14 months in, and they raised the price by $15 / mo. I was on 100/5.

I downgraded to 30/4, and it's $54.99 per month. I don't have any of their other services.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
reply to Slagathor
There are ten states grandfathered under the Internet Freedom act, allowed to impose some type of internet access tax. I live in one of those states. Tax was *included* for the first 3 months of the 49.99 plan. Added back when price increased. I don't have a good alternative available.

Flibbetigibb

@charter.com
reply to Slagathor
I just got off the phone with a spectacularly bey-otcy Charter rep, flatly refused to do anything for me on price (my 24 month just ran out). Mostly likely a holdover from the "this is cable, you'll pay what we charge or drop dead" CSR days.

No skin off my nose, I'll bounce to DSL for a month, then sign up for the newbie Charter deal and then get the same service for even less than I've been paying for the last couple of years.

gfry22
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Lakeville, MN
they will charge $200 to upgrade from 30 to 100. greedy bastards. raised my price from 89.99 to 103 for ultra 100. So if i downgrade to 30 and want to go back to 100, its $200. Beotch customer service told me i could package to save. F them. I have internet only. I will never get their phone again with all those taxes.

Premium
The new management is going to accelerate the return to bankruptcy if you ask me. Sure Tom's quest to squeeze as much blood from the turnip is working in the short term but it won't work over the long haul. Oh, well, what the heck does he care for anyhow. He'll be there just long enough to collect a king's ransom and a nice golden parachute for making things even worse before heading off into the sunset with a load of loot.

passerby

join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI
Investors don't seem to agree with your sentiment.

passerby

join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI
reply to gfry22
said by gfry22:

I will never get their phone again with all those taxes.

You might want to re-check that. I think all the taxes are now included in the current price of $19.99 for phone.

Premium
reply to passerby
said by passerby:

Investors don't seem to agree with your sentiment.

For the moment they don't, because they, like the modern US manglement only care about the next quarter.

The US business model, along with the emergence of the MBA, is killing the long term health and stability of many companies .

whoaru99

reply to Flibbetigibb
said by Flibbetigibb :

I just got off the phone with a spectacularly bey-otcy Charter rep, flatly refused to do anything for me on price (my 24 month just ran out). Mostly likely a holdover from the "this is cable, you'll pay what we charge or drop dead" CSR days.

No skin off my nose, I'll bounce to DSL for a month, then sign up for the newbie Charter deal and then get the same service for even less than I've been paying for the last couple of years.

It's 90 days without any of Charter's services to get new customer status.

To be considered a new Charter customer, customer must not have subscribed to Charter TV®, Charter Internet® and/or Charter Phone® service within the previous 90 days and must have no outstanding obligations to Charter.

lineofsight

East Saint Louis, IL
reply to Slagathor
Here is what I found on the page where the $29.99 HSI deal is offered.

»connect.charter.com/MobileBB/PRO···mer.aspx

"GENERAL DISCLAIMER

©2013 Charter Communications, Inc. Offers are valid for a limited time only, to qualifying residential customers who have not subscribed to applicable services within the previous 30 days and have no outstanding obligation to Charter. Standard rates apply after promotion. TV equipment required & is extra; Charter Internet modem is required & included in price; Phone taxes, fees, & surcharges are included in price; other equipment, install, taxes, fees & surcharges may apply. Credit approval, prepayment or major credit card may be required. Services are subject to all applicable service terms & conditions, which are subject to change. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. Services not available in all areas. Restrictions apply."

kherr
Premium
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to whoaru99
said by whoaru99:

said by Flibbetigibb :

It's 90 days without any of Charter's services to get new customer status.

To be considered a new Charter customer, customer must not have subscribed to Charter TV®, Charter Internet® and/or Charter Phone® service within the previous 90 days and must have no outstanding obligations to Charter.

And then don't you have to pay for a "new install" also ...