Search similar:

uniqs

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

2 edits

TRU

Free game for Simcity owners

EA had mentioned that due to all the server issues customers were getting with Simcity, that they would offer a sort of "Thank you for putting up with this debacle" in the form of a good faith gesture. Well, the news has just hit and it comes in the form of a free game of your choosing.

It states, if you register a copy of SimCity by March 25, you get a free copy of one of eight PC games from EA's catalog, including Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3.

This is EA's way of saying sorry for the server issues that rendered the city-building game unplayable for almost a week after it launched on March 5.

The full list of titles goes as follows:

- Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
- Bejeweled 3
- Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
- Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
- Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
- Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
- Plants vs. Zombies
- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

Seeing as how I already have a number of these games, such as Simcity 4, Plants v Zombies, MoH:W, and BF3. I'm leaning towards either Mass Effect 3 or Dead Space 3. I'd like to choose one of those 2 based on which has the stronger multiplayer features and which one has the overall best multiplayer component. I've already beaten Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 on Xbox when I rented them. But I had little time to really dive into the MP side of these games. My time was spent mainly on trying to complete their long campaigns.

Out of these two games: Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3, which would you guys choose?

Official Link from EA/Maxis: »www.simcity.com/en_US/bl ··· m-origin

FAQ for official instructions on redeeming your free game: »help.ea.com/article/simc ··· B8xbWcXl

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

EA is the devil, burn them to the ground! Get the pitchforks, blah blah blah!

Mcrobrewer
Premium Member
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ

Mcrobrewer to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
Nice list.... I am either getting ME 3 or Medal of Honor...

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
WOW, I was shocked the other day when I saw ME 3, Uncharted 3 sitting in the bargin bin at 20 bucks. If I had known it would have taken just a year for their prices to plumet so low, I'd have waited to buy ME 3. I rented Uncharted 3.

It just goes to show what a waste of money it is to buy a game when it's priced at 60 bucks.

Dead Space 3, is about the only one on the list, I might be interested in.
But I'd have to buy simcity first.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to TRU

to TRU
Dead Space 3? That one actually surprises me, pleasantly.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to TRU

to TRU
Yea, I was a bit stunned to see ME3 in the bargain bin as well, since it isn't all that old(Of course I picked it up... the Xbox version tho).

Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
Whats the verdict on these games? I've played a bit into dead space 3 and lost interest. Never seen anything on Mass Effect or played any of its series, and NFS is probably the only thing that sorta catches me eye.

Between NFS and ME3

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Playing ME3 without having played ME1 and ME2 would be kind of pointless as it all follows the same story.

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium Member
join:2002-08-09
Forest Hills, NY

Dream Killer to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
i have all these games. =(

even with the bugs i'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, maybe i just don't get as frustrated as others.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Nightfall to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Dead Space 3, is about the only one on the list, I might be interested in.
But I'd have to buy simcity first.

In case you didn't know....

This was only for people who bought Simcity at the onset and couldn't get into the game because of the server issues. If you bought Simcity now, you couldn't get the free game. It looks like this offer stands through all Simcity purchases through "today". Maybe they will offer it to those people who buy it today.

EDIT: As a token of our appreciation for all the support we’ve received from SimCity fans over the past week EA is offering a free EA PC digital download game to anyone who purchases and authenticates SimCity by March 25, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT.

Very nice!

For those of you who are thinking about buying this, check Target out on Sunday 3/24. They have Simcity going on sale for $40.
Nightfall

Nightfall to Adalicia

MVM

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Dead Space 3? That one actually surprises me, pleasantly.

Dead Space 3 is really good. I enjoy it a lot. Just bought the Awakening DLC for $10. The coop is also a lot of fun, if my brother would get off his ass and play it with me more.
Nightfall

1 edit

Nightfall to Chuck_IV

MVM

to Chuck_IV
said by Chuck_IV:

Yea, I was a bit stunned to see ME3 in the bargain bin as well, since it isn't all that old(Of course I picked it up... the Xbox version tho).

Believe it or not Mass Effect 3 came out in March of last year. Thats a full year of being sold. Its not like it has only been out for 3 months or something. Mass Effect 3 got great reviews. I really ought to play Mass Effect 1 and 2.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

said by Nightfall:

Mass Effect 3 got great reviews. I really ought to play Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Mass Effect 2 is one of the best RPG of all time.

What are you waiting for?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by TigerLord:

said by Nightfall:

More time.....

So many games to play, so little time.

Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy to Dream Killer

Premium Member

to Dream Killer
said by Dream Killer:

even with the bugs i'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, maybe i just don't get as frustrated as others.

Was reading reddit the other day and people mention if you have all of the games listed you can call EA's support line and they'll offer you a different game. I believe a fella got crysis 3 as he owned all the games being offered in the free list.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

said by Nightfall:

While ME3 is more polished and looks better, in my opinion. Mass Effect 2 was/is still better. Amazing story.

TRU
Michigan

TRU

So if you guys had the choice, which would you choose: Mass Effect 3 or Dead Space 3?

You can get ME3 for about $20 these days. Some places even cheaper than that. I'm thinking it might be better to just buy it outright if I ever wanted to get back into Mass Effect and use this "free game" opportunity towards a higher retail priced game.

I'm more interested in a strong multiplayer.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by TRU:

So if you guys had the choice, which would you choose: Mass Effect 3 or Dead Space 3?

You can get ME3 for about $20 these days. Some places even cheaper than that. I'm thinking it might be better to just buy it outright if I ever wanted to get back into Mass Effect and use this "free game" opportunity towards a higher retail priced game.

I'm more interested in a strong multiplayer.

Get Dead Space 3 then and find someone to play coop with. That game is awesome in coop mode.

TRU
Michigan

TRU

I forget if there even is a multiplayer mode. Is Dead Space 3 just single player and coop?

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY

Dream Killer to Gundy

Premium Member

to Gundy
said by Gundy:

said by Dream Killer:

Was reading reddit the other day and people mention if you have all of the games listed you can call EA's support line and they'll offer you a different game. I believe a fella got crysis 3 as he owned all the games being offered in the free list.

the game is what it is and i don't really feel entitled to get something back just because it's not what i had hoped it to be (it is). note that i bought this game about 4 days ago after the 'fiasco'.

good for the guy that got crysis 3 i guess?

TRU
Michigan

TRU

Crysis 3 for free... sure, thats not bad. To pay for Crysis 3? I'd probably pass. The game itself was just o.k. After you get passed the stunning visuals you're left with a mediocre game at best. After about 4 or 5 hours (or the first few levels), Crysis 3 was just plain boring. There is a level where everything is wide-open and there is a major city destroyed and burning all around the expanse. From that level onward the game took a nosedive into uninspired & boring level design, and stunningly mediocre gameplay. It turned into a chore to keep playing.

It doesn't help that the controls are just awful. But that has never changed. Crysis 2 was exactly the same. It feels like you're running and jumping on the moon. When you jump, you slowly come back down to the ground. Similar to the Halo series. Atleast in Halo you were on other "planets" so they had an excuse that gravity would, at the very least, act differently on an alien world than it does here.

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY

Dream Killer to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
i wouldnt pay for crysis either.

TRU
Michigan

TRU

So after mulling it over for a few days, I finally decided on my free game. I picked Dead Space 3. It was a tough choice because the more I thought about it the more I wanted to jump back into Mass Effect 3. Plus, its for PC! So the game would look and play much better than before when I played it on an Xbox 360 some time ago. It was tempting but finally I just picked Dead Space 3.

I figured I can just buy ME3 outright on the cheap to begin with. I could always just buy it at another time without breaking the bank while Dead Space 3 is still prohibitively expensive (to me anyways) at the moment that I would have had to wait longer for the price to come down and play it again.

So there you have it, I chose Dead Space 3.