All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

Way to return hardware without trip or truck roll?

It's a bit annoying when you can't take off work and the local offices are closed on the weekend....

is there anyway else to return equipment to Comcast? I swear I've read before Comcast will let you ship hardware back from people who claim they got return boxes from Comcast...
mario02423
join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL

mario02423

If you call the 800 number, you can request a return shipping box. Just let them know which equipment you're returning and they'll send you a box. From there, you're going to need to arrange a UPS pickup (or drop off at a UPS location). If it's not too much of a hassle, I'd suggest going to the service center and actually getting a paper receipt for the return. That equipment gets pricey.
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner to neufuse

to neufuse
Call Comcast and request a box with a prepaid shipping label to return the equipment.
aabaaf
join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

Yes, call them and request a box and label be shipped to you and then ship it back. I would recommend dropping it off at UPS/FedEx location, and be sure to get a receipt that way you have something in your hand and can provide them with a "well I dropped it off at the Fed Ex location @ 123 Smith Street Chicago, IL, @ 1:45 PM" That way in case anything happens you are still on the hook, till they report it back in their system as returned, but you have something saying well I gave it to Fed Ex at this time and location, so they will call off the calls and letters about where is the equipment. Also keep in mind that this way can take longer for the equipment to show up as returned, as it goes to a distribution center local to you, but can take a bit of extra time for it to be processed and disseminated out through the entire Comcast system showing as returned. Also once you return it, I would check UPS/FED Ex tracking info, until it shows returned, and then take a printout of that information, showing date & time received, that way you have additional proof, that "someone" there at Comcast signed for it being received, by Comcast. Not necessarily processed as returned, but at least received by them. Better safe than sorry to have the info and not need it, or it get delivered to them, and then lost. They they'd expect you to track it down.
raffoutroud
join:2010-03-31
Lynnwood, WA

raffoutroud to neufuse

to neufuse
»www.comcast.com/returnequipment