Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000

Re: [Weather] March 18-21 Storm

said by TLS2000:

I don't know anyone who goes through Ft. Erie to get into the US from the GTA. Most of us go through Queenston or Niagara Falls.

Fort Erie is the busiest passenger traffic bridge between Canada and the US, so whether you know anyone or not is of no consequence because plenty do.

For what it's worth, only a moron from the GTA would ever use the QL or Rainbow (particularly the Rainbow) if they were going shopping in Buffalo, unless of course they enjoy paying higher bridge tolls, extra tolls at Grand Island and driving on surface streets through a city as delightful as Niagara Falls, NY.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

I usually go Queenston so he must know me.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

The NYSTA thanks you for your patronage.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

The NYSTA thanks you for your patronage.

Good to hear some singing teachers in New York appreciate my efforts.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by TLS2000:

I don't know anyone who goes through Ft. Erie to get into the US from the GTA. Most of us go through Queenston or Niagara Falls.

Fort Erie is the busiest passenger traffic bridge between Canada and the US, so whether you know anyone or not is of no consequence because plenty do.

For what it's worth, only a moron from the GTA would ever use the QL or Rainbow (particularly the Rainbow) if they were going shopping in Buffalo, unless of course they enjoy paying higher bridge tolls, extra tolls at Grand Island and driving on surface streets through a city as delightful as Niagara Falls, NY.

You're underestimating the amount of Torontonians that go to the Niagara outlet mall. I usually cross over one way at Rainbow and the other at Peace, so the only get my toll once. Usually leave through Peace because they take EZ Pass.

Plus, everyone's GPS takes them over Queenston. Which in and of itself is a good reason to avoid that bridge like the plague.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

Good to hear some singing teachers in New York appreciate my efforts.

If the New York State Thruway Authority employees sang to you when you pulled up to the Grand Island toll booths, it might actually make the trip worth it.
Gone

Gone to corster

Premium Member

to corster
said by corster:

You're underestimating the amount of Torontonians that go to the Niagara outlet mall. I usually cross over one way at Rainbow and the other at Peace, so the only get my toll once. Usually leave through Peace because they take EZ Pass.
Plus, everyone's GPS takes them over Queenston. Which in and of itself is a good reason to avoid that bridge like the plague.

I'm not underestimating anything, the Peace Bridge is still busier than both the Rainbow and QL. The Peace Bridge just has much larger plazas on either side of the border so traffic gets through quicker than at the QL despite less lanes on the bridge and heavier traffic.

And yeah, the whole GPS thing is stupid when going to Buffalo. As I said, the NYSTA thanks Toronto for their ongoing patronage spending money that they don't have to. The Niagara Falls bridges are more expensive, too.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to corster

Premium Member

to corster
said by corster:

You're underestimating the amount of Torontonians that go to the Niagara outlet mall.[

There's always more Canadian license plates there than Americans. I was there one Sunday and I saw maybe a couple American plates and the parking lot was rammed as always.
said by corster:

Usually leave through Peace because they take EZ Pass.

Why not use the lower bridge? There's never a wait there.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by urbanriot:

Why not use the lower bridge? There's never a wait there.

The lower bridge is a pain in the ass because they don't take E-ZPass and you need to refill your Nexus card in that dank kiosk right near the US Nexus processing centre, and I'm not up there often enough to drop $20 using a credit card for tolls. Often times I'll cross into NFNY using the lower bridge but then take the Thruway back to Buffalo and cross into Fort Erie using the Peace Bridge.

There are also occasional waits on busy weekends. A few weeks ago I crossed and both directions of the bridge were jammed, including people lined up back to the Parkway through that little queuing area they have before the gate. Took about 10-15 minutes to get through.