uniqs
bachibusuc
join:2013-03-11
Montreal, QC

bachibusuc

Re: Sagemcom F@st 2864 compatibility

Well folks,

Here is how EB answered :

First, EB said that I needed to send the S/N and submit the change(to apply for 25mbps service). They also said, and this is important, that the order would be refused IF the modem was refused.

Second, I have to pay 25$ to change service(from 15 mbps to 25 mbps). To be sure, I then asked if I would have to pay to come back to my actual service, would I have to pay 25$ and said no if the service was refused.

Third, sent the s/n.

2days later, they answered that unfortunetly, it wasn't possible to verify the modem and that the entire order had to be passed and that I would have to pay the 25$ to come back to my actual service.(+ the 25$ I paid the first time I tried to change to 25mbps). It was said that Bell could accept the connection but refuse the modem so it's not EB wasn't responsible.

Still a good ISP and I understand that we can use our own modem only recently, but just felt that in the first place, it was misleading saying that it would be refunded, asked to send the s/n and then say that its not even possible to verify when I was told in the first place to send the S/N and that the order would be refused if the modem isn't accepted.

Oh well, at least I tried.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

1 edit

BliZZardX

Premium Member

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Did anyone give a reason why it wasn't possible to verify the modem?
said by bachibusuc:

It was said that Bell could accept the connection but refuse the modem so it's not EB wasn't responsible.

If you didn't have a modem they could apply the profile change on, the profile change was cancelled, and you should get your money back. The wholesalers really should know these details before taking your money, that was not good service IMO and I hope diskace has something to say about this.

The profile change fee is a penalty to all wholesaler customers, like the dry loop fee, Bell doesn't charge these fees to their own customers. It makes me afraid to do business with wholesale when they have so little control over account changes/billing issues like this.
bachibusuc
join:2013-03-11
Montreal, QC

bachibusuc

said by BliZZardX:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Did anyone give a reason why it wasn't possible to verify the modem?

It was said by EB that it wasn't possible to verify the modem. And just to specify what I said before, it was possible to "verify" the modem AFTER ordering everything. So Bell would "Accept" the order but would refuse the modem.
The thing I understood is that because of the new CRTC ruling, Bell has to let you use your own modem... But it's only third parties that "buy" the modem as Bell doesn't sell them. So the one I have, left by the old tenant, is probably "illegal" in the sense that its someone who has left it there, stole it or not given back to Bell.

I wonder if CRTC is willing to let us use these anyways.