spc
Search similar:

uniqs

luvnhim
@embarqhsd.net

luvnhim

Anon

Centurylink dropped connections?

We are consistently experiencing Internet drops with centurylink. Our speeds drop some but not as much as it was. We run at 11.774 when we run right and then it drops to 10.8. We have a Actiontec C1000A running off factory settings and we constantly experience "Internet cannot display page" and we have to reset the modem/router (it's an all in one). We have been having problems since day 1 with them & I'm to the point of just switching to Comcast. Please help!
luvnhim

luvnhim

Anon

Also, even tho our Internet stats show we are running at 10.8, it doesn't seem like it. It seems almost as slow as dial up several a times a day and then we have Internet drops and have to reset the modem/router. So frustrating..
NyQuan3
join:2010-12-16
Windsor, NC

NyQuan3 to luvnhim

to luvnhim
Did you call for a technician.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to luvnhim

to luvnhim
probably another oversold area
GetMoney
join:2010-06-11

GetMoney to luvnhim

to luvnhim
said by luvnhim :

Also, even tho our Internet stats show we are running at 10.8, it doesn't seem like it. It seems almost as slow as dial up several a times a day and then we have Internet drops and have to reset the modem/router. So frustrating..

I also wonder if you've called CTL about this. From your anonymous post you're in a legacy Embarq area and the potential speeds there would be the 10M or the up to 25M, where you get 15, 20 or 25 based on your loop length. Unless I'm wrong and you're in an old Qwest area, your posted speed doesn't seem correct. What site are you testing on? Can you show us some examples?

A drop of less than 10% is certainly not bandwidth exhaust. CTL certainly has it's problems, but it's not as widespread as the haters here on DSLR would make you think.

luvnhim
@embarqhsd.net

luvnhim

Anon

I have a tech out here like 5 times. He has just recently replaced all our equipment and run new lines to our house. It seems to be doin better. I has only dropped 3 times in 3 days since the equipment replacement. Centurylink did used to be embarq in this area. The highest speed I can purchase where I live is 10 mb which is what we have. When I check my speed, I do it by logging into my modem settings and it tells me my speed there. Would our Internet work better if I purchased a separate router?
luvnhim

luvnhim

Anon

When I went to speedtest.net just now, this is what it shows:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 5347.png
luvnhim

luvnhim to luvnhim

Anon

to luvnhim
When I did it again a couple minutes later, it showed higher download speed.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 8588.png