robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to Raphion

Mod

to Raphion

Re: The roots of the problem

3' -- wow that's deep. I have some that are about 14" to the top.

Raphion
join:2000-10-14
Samsara

Raphion

said by robbin:

Might only be two or two and a half feet to the top of the pipe, but my hole was 3 feet deep. =p

There's no more hole now, I used a hose to make a nice mud stew, throwing all the dirt into the water so it settled down nice and firm.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939 to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin
said by robbin:

Hah. 13 feet down here...and after about 2 feet you hit nice, thick clay. Still surprising to see lines buried so shallow. What happens when excavation is done?

Raphion
join:2000-10-14
Samsara

Raphion

said by sk1939:

said by robbin:

Hah. 13 feet down here...and after about 2 feet you hit nice, thick clay. Still surprising to see lines buried so shallow. What happens when excavation is done?

Not sure what you mean by excavation. There's nothing deeper than the sewers and water mains here, which generally run 5 or 6 feet down. Nobody has basements or anything subterranean here, because the water comes too high. In rainy season, you only need to dig down four or five feet to hit water.

13 feet down is unimaginable to me. Talk about impossible to ever work on without taking out a loan.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939

Premium Member

said by Raphion:

said by sk1939:

said by robbin:

Not sure what you mean by excavation. There's nothing deeper than the sewers and water mains here, which generally run 5 or 6 feet down. Nobody has basements or anything subterranean here, because the water comes too high. In rainy season, you only need to dig down four or five feet to hit water.

13 feet down is unimaginable to me. Talk about impossible to ever work on without taking out a loan.

Ah, well that makes sense, the lack of basements would mean no excavation for things like basements and foundation work. I remember distinctly a backhoe and a 11 foot dirt pile in my front yard, plus a device to make sure that it didn't cave in on them. The price tag was costly too, was something in the ballpark of $6000 if I recall.

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland to Raphion

Premium Member

to Raphion
said by Raphion:

Same here. Where my line exits the house is maybe 6" down, of course it does a 45 degree downward bend toward the septic tank shortly thereafter. 13 feet down would blow my mind.