Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

More snow!

Here in CT we're getting more snow tonight. Spring doesn't seem to be around the corner, but more like a continent away...

What is your forecast where you are?

I'm ready for BBQ and fishing and sun bathing...

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold

MVM

Forecasters here predict that it will rain on the World Baseball Classic Series Final (Tuesday evening in San Francisco).

They have been known to get it wrong on more then one occasion so spectators will probably need to bring suntan lotion

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

squirt to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94
it hasn't snowed here since .... uh .... this morning ....

and it's not supposed to snow again until .. uh ... wednesday ..

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
We haven't had a lot of snow this winter but it seems to just keep coming. They are saying now very possibly something significant next Monday for my area. Too early to tell but possibly another snow event.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Last year yesterday it was 79 degrees, yesterday it didn't reach very much above freezing. We're forecast for more snow in the coming hours or days.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
Out Grazing

squirt

MVM

I just went for a nice walk in the snow.
squirt

1 edit

squirt

MVM

I just checked the local news in Edmonton. Over 300 people were injured in some sort of big accident on the highway south of the city. Apparently, there's quite the winter storm there today. (I'm out of town, at the moment.)

»www.630ched.com/news/edm ··· ome.aspx

On edit ... The estimate of the number injured has been revised downwards to about 100 people.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94
We are under a Winter Storm Watch here. So NOT looking forward to this weekend, as we could get up to a foot of snow locally with this round. I was trapped in here with the last round, since we got iced in; hope it doesn't do that this time.

My jonquils are probably going to get hammered yet again; I'm wondering if they will even be able to bloom this year.

"... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Saturday night through late Sunday evening...

The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from late Saturday night through Sunday evening.

* Timing... precipitation will initially overspread the area late Saturday afternoon and evening and will be in the form of rain. But as colder air builds southward Saturday night... the rain will change to snow and become heavy at times... especially after midnight. Snow will then continue through much of the day on Sunday.

* Accumulations... 5 to 8 inches of snow possible with locally higher amounts.

* Winds... north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.

* Impacts... snow will have the potential to not only accumulate on roads but accumulate at a rapid pace. The snowfall will likely greatly reduce visibilities at times and result in snow packed and slick roads... making travel hazardous."

This just doesn't look good at all.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

2 recommendations

Icarus to signmeuptoo94

Mod

to signmeuptoo94
Nope! Nope! Nope! I took the plow off the truck so it cannot possibly snow again!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to jopfef

to jopfef

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94
***Not being political here!***

Times like this, I long for a wee bit of global warming, say what you will! As signmeuptoo, I was blissfully basking in 70+ degree weather at this time last year, today isn't looking to go past the mid-high 30s...

Here in CT, it looks like we'll have a very late spring, with cool temps right through April - May.

(Besides, if the oceans rise enough, I may end up with beach-front property! )

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to jopfef

to jopfef
OK, I may need to drag my snow shovels out. It was snowing here when my daughter left for work an hour ago.

Which would work better with snow shovels, a walker or a wheelchair?

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

1 recommendation

howieh

MVM

said by Sunny:

Which would work better with snow shovels, a walker or a wheelchair?

POGO Stick!

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

3 recommendations

Icarus to Sunny

Mod

to Sunny

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
Thanks for all the thoughtful suggestions. While I was gearing up, the snow melted.
Sunny

Sunny to jopfef

to jopfef
JoJo??? Did you fall into a snow drift? Why come have you not reported any updates on your storm watch yet?

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

2 recommendations

howieh to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

While I was gearing up, the snow melted.

You used the God method. God put it there and God can take it away.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

That's what I think, too. He realized I was dumb enough to fall off that truck and wanted to prevent another dumb stunt, such as jumping around in the snow on a pogo stick before I am cleared for weight-bearing.

In fact, I did think about it.

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

JoJo??? Did you fall into a snow drift? Why come have you not reported any updates on your storm watch yet?

Just hanging tight and watching the weather and waiting to see what happens. Supposed to start late tonight, and then there's a 90% chance of snow all day Sunday. This latest alert says it all.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 recommendation

Sunny

Thundersnow, even. That can get really exciting sometimes.

It may not be the best idea to go walking the puppies under those snow laden trees?

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
Off Center

Icarus to signmeuptoo94

Mod

to signmeuptoo94
This was fun to watch last night. Blizzard at the US vs Costa Rica soccer match in Colorado! US won 1-0 but the snow didnt do much to stop the Costa Rican team. They wanted to play....snow or not!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to jopfef

to jopfef
My brother in eastern Kansas got 7 inches, Jo. How about you?

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

1 recommendation

PeteC2 to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94
The best snow is snow that falls elsewhere...

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

1 recommendation

jopfef to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

My brother in eastern Kansas got 7 inches, Jo. How about you?

13 inches here!!! We broke records with this snowfall, from back in 1912 or something like that. I kept going outside while it was snowing, just to watch it come down; haven't seen anything like it since I lived in Alaska.

I had to shovel out an area for the Rat Patrol to go potty. The snow was deeper than the little dogs are tall -- LOL!!! Chance was fine; he's tall enough.

Now the temps are warmer, and the snow is compacting; it's even heavier and wetter than it was when it first came down. Supposed to be 60 degrees by Saturday, so I'm sure we'll see some pretty serious melting by then.

Took this picture this afternoon, when I got home from my rounds.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 recommendation

Sunny

You cardinal brings a striking contrast in your winter wonderland, Jo. My brother is always posting pics of the variety of birds visiting his back yard bird bath. His daughter has such fun rolling her eyes and complimenting him on his increasing Photoshop skills. Fun watching those two, but he has a beautiful home with tons of windows. He sees all the beautiful nature happening all around him.

You sure did get dumped on this round. I hope the melting doesn't bring flooding!

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef

MVM

said by Sunny:

You sure did get dumped on this round. I hope the melting doesn't bring flooding!

No signs of flooding yet, so that's good. I'm on a very big hill here, so flooding isn't an issue for me.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
Out Grazing

squirt to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94
we're supposed to get freezing rain tonight followed by snow tomorrow!

it will probably look very pretty, but getting to and from work might be 'fun'

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

You need a certain Semi to come get you and bring you to work!

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
Out Grazing

squirt

MVM

said by signmeuptoo94:

You need a certain Semi to come get you and bring you to work!

Unfortunately, he doesn't wanna be an ice road trucker.