Search similar:

uniqs

Mimiga King
join:2008-09-15
Quebec, QC

Mimiga King

[Internet] Odd behavior in Fiber line stability

Hello,

I just had my Fiber 50/50 installation a few days ago and there's a few things I noticed.

I noticed that when I upload over 4MB/s, the line become very unstable, my ping rockets from 20ms to 150-200ms and I even 1-5% packet loss. It's also quite hard to browser then web in this case also because of the packet loss.

I also noticed that whenever I upload a lot, I can't download very fast as if my line was limited to 50mb/s combined.

for exemple.

upload @ 50mb - download @ 0mb = No problem
upload @ 0mb - download @ 50mb = no problem
but when I try to download and upload at the same time, it balance load and can't get anything better than 25mb down and 25mb up.

Is this something also happening with you all?

Thanks!

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by Mimiga King:

Hello,

upload @ 50mb - download @ 0mb = No problem
upload @ 0mb - download @ 50mb = no problem
but when I try to download and upload at the same time, it balance load and can't get anything better than 25mb down and 25mb up.

Is this something also happening with you all?

Thanks!

And you are complaining?
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to Mimiga King

to Mimiga King
#1 I would hope your attempting this from a wired connection.

#2 Is your PC's Ethernet port set to Full-Duplex?

#3 Are these flash based speedtests? Is your computer capable of downloading at 50 mbit/s and then also at the same time able to run a Flash based speed test reliably?

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle to Mimiga King

to Mimiga King
If you're using the Bell-provided CPE router (Sagemcom), don't. That'll almost certainly solve your problems.

Mimiga King
join:2008-09-15
Quebec, QC

Mimiga King to urbang33k

to urbang33k
said by urbang33k:

#1 I would hope your attempting this from a wired connection. YES

#2 Is your PC's Ethernet port set to Full-Duplex? YES

#3 Are these flash based speedtests? Is your computer capable of downloading at 50 mbit/s and then also at the same time able to run a Flash based speed test reliably?

Speedtest.net and BitTorrent based with "ping -n 1000 8.8.8.8" to test ping
said by squircle:

If you're using the Bell-provided CPE router (Sagemcom), don't. That'll almost certainly solve your problems.

I have the Sagemcom in bridge mode because, as far as I know, you need it to connect, does this still holds true?
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to Mimiga King

to Mimiga King
Well for Internet no... but TV yes.
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to Mimiga King

to Mimiga King
said by Mimiga King:

I have the Sagemcom in bridge mode because, as far as I know, you need it to connect, does this still holds true?

So you have a cpe router in the mix also?

what happens if you eliminate that and then do your speed tests with just the sagemcom.

If you have just internet with no fibeTV then there are options for using a router without the sagemcom. It is an unsupported practice in Bells eyes. Search the forums around here.

Essentially you need a router that will allow you to tag all traffic on the wan port with VLAN 35.