uniqs
thewisperer
Premium Member
join:2008-01-16

thewisperer to zrob_12

Premium Member

to zrob_12

Re: How to reset NetEqualizer

and roughly how much does a cachebox cost?

how does it control or shape bandwith?
zrob_12
join:2009-01-17

zrob_12

I think I spent around $10k initially, but it has saved me much more in bandwith $.

The cachebox simply caches information from websites my customers visit...

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

TomS_

MVM

A simple cache for $10k?

You could do something similar for almost free with some flavour of *nix and squid.

True, you dont have someone to wave fingers and scream at when things go wrong.
zrob_12
join:2009-01-17

zrob_12

$10k may seem steep, but it has saved me plenty and I don't have to do anything with it...it just works.
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

voxframe

said by zrob_12:

$10k may seem steep, but it has saved me plenty and I don't have to do anything with it...it just works.

My same take on our Barracuda spam filter. It's not cheap when you first look at it, but it's worth it's weight in gold.

Seen a lot of people complain about these, but it has saved our asses, repeatedly. It just works. When I need support, it's a little bit of nail-biting on the phone going through the gauntlet of opening a case etc etc when something is dead. But every time they've gone in remotely and done magic.

Some things may look expensive at first, but the price is well worth the Tylenol saved.

I looked at NetEQ years ago, and was instantly turned off for most of the reasons mentioned in the thread. Gimme a CCR/x86 with Butch's script any day.