onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

[OS X] MacBook Pro and shared Windows folder

We have about 9 MacbookPros. All have no issue resolving the alias to shared network drive on a windows network once reconnected to it.

But this one just doesn't want to resolve the alias without the need of entering the credentials, even though I've told it to save the info in the keychain. After entering the creds it does open the folder, but it's not remembering the password.

What's the deal?
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Premium Member

I think I may have resolved this.
It seems it just wasn't pointed to the proper spot. Which is odd cause it was a copied alias from a good working Macbook.

What was odd was the fact that I couldn't connect to the shared drive without seeing the pwd prompt upon clicking the Alias on the desktop.
But I COULD access the shared drive without the pwd prompt when right clicking the selection in the keychains and choosing to "go there".

I fixed it by copying the path found in the Keychain to the shared folder, over to the Alias icon on the desktop.

Not sure why I had this problem since I've been able to copy Aliases from one mac to another before without issue.