join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

twizlar to df909

Premium Member

to df909

Re: Beware of BroadLine Networks

said by df909:

said by twizlar:

While we do provide internet connectivity, it isn't through an incumbent and it isn't for residential/small business.

If Atria networks is one of your main providers as well as where you are leasing datacenter space then yes you are going through an incumbent.

Rogers acquired Atria 2 years ago.

Heh, we only use them for backhaul/vlans, which isn't regulated by the CRTC. I meant that our internet services do not run via incumbent services such as GAS or TPIA.
df909
join:2013-03-05
Canada

df909

said by twizlar:

Heh, we only use them for backhaul/vlans, which isn't regulated by the CRTC. I meant that our internet services do not run via incumbent services such as GAS or TPIA.

Perhaps you're misinformed about the scope of the CCTS? By reading their FAQ it's clear that unregulated services are within their jurisdiction:
quote:
3. Are there some telecom complaints you can’t deal with?

Yes. We cannot accept complaints about services that are regulated by the CRTC.

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

twizlar

Premium Member

said by df909:

said by twizlar:

Perhaps you're misinformed about the scope of the CCTS? By reading their FAQ it's clear that unregulated services are within their jurisdiction:
quote:
3. Are there some telecom complaints you can’t deal with?

Yes. We cannot accept complaints about services that are regulated by the CRTC.

Regulated services, meaning enforceable disconnections by the CRTC.