spc
uniqs

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Energystream

to Energystream

Re: Mech Warrior Online

Agreed. The awesome 9-M and Pretty baby are the fastest assaults on the field, pushing over 85 KPH with speed tweak and a bigass engine. So that's my most likely assault mech, which means you'll never see me in one. As it is I hate my cataphracts sluggish 65 kph.

At least... until the charger comes into the game >:D

Once the charger is in (if it ever is), I'll be grabbing that big bastard, even if they keep the stock payload of 5 small lasers LOL. *ESPECIALLY* if melee/knockdown comes back.

RavenX11R6
join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6

i'd rock a mackie ... but thats more or less cause they look like a retarded urbanmech

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I can only imagine how slow a Daishi will be...

But I will totally get the mobile armory. A stalker with arms? That would be a ridiculous Alpha.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I never even put together it's a stalker with arms. Mind = Blown

RavenX11R6
join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6 to Energystream

to Energystream
energy needs something like this:
»www.deviantart.com/art/B ··· 97321248

so he can use all the SRM's

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

MOAR MISSLES, I want to be blinded by the launch. There will be no missing when the air around me is explosive.

Or if I make the LRM, BLOT out the sun.

Oh yea, the Daishi is basically armed stalker, with a protection plate over the cockpit, I assume to protect from LRM fire.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Last night I converted part of the 10 mill mech xp I had into GXP and elited out my Catapult-K2, didn't have time to test it so tonight we will see the big changes.

The last Catapult I leveled was the C1, my final build as follows.

2 ER PPC
2 MPL
2 SRM6 with 2 tons of ammo
Standard 260 Engine (65 kph)
Endo
DHS

It is going to take time to get used to this guy since it does not have the punch of the K2 this is more of a long range support mech that can help disable those Atlas ECM with decent close range power. I will test those MPL if they dont work I will go with regular ML and AMS which is the tradeoff.

P.S. I sold my Catapult A1 Splatcat fuck that cheesy shit.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Sounds like the kind of build I'd use. I'll bet it wrecks it up pretty good. Long range punch out 1300 meters, close range power. Only problem is your heat is gonna succcccccck if if you alpha.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I added additional DHS on it. On a cold map is not that big of a deal but on caustic I have to set the PPCs on chain fire and be more careful about it. Also the mentality has to change it takes more hits to bring a mech down compared to the K2.

Question:

Does a PPC has a bigger area of impact? What I've seen is that I aim for the center torso but when I hit it "paints" both center and side torso even when it is centered.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Not sure. I have read it's an 'explosive' weapon so it might have been benefiting from splash damage. Additionally it might be that the weapons don't necessarily converge since they're on fixed hardpoints. Not sure tho.
Gevurah

Gevurah

»mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes PATCH NOTES ARE UP

Open Beta Update #13

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday Mar. 19th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

PATCH: 1.2.204

Change Log

Update:

Greetings MechWarriors

I am truly excited to welcome you to this patch for 5 good reasons:

#1 - The Jagermech: Ballistics fans, this is your BattleMech! BOOM! BOOM! DAKKA! DAKKA! Its seriously fun. Im going to buy them all and paint them Desert Tan for reason #2.

#2 - Tourmaline Desert: You're going to love this map. It looks amazing and plays even better! Its perfect for the Jagermech I just bought.

#3 - New Controls: Gas pedal? Check! Arm Lock? Check! Centre Legs to Torso? Check! Improved joystick controls? Check. Changing all these options in game? Priceless! (Test them out in the Testing Grounds!)

#4 - Consumables System and Cool Shot: Do you ever find yourself running hot? Is override not going to get the job done without BBQing your internals? Try using the brand new Cool Shot on your BattleMech and you just might survive to fight another day.

#5 - New Customizations: Weve added the Vagabond pattern and some new BattleMech statues for your cockpit. What better way to show the Jagermech you just bought that you love it than a new paint job and some decorations?

Did I mention that we also increased the server count for the new map we just added? See you in the desert, my friends.

Matt Newman.

Content

JagerMech

JagerMech JM6-DD

- Tonnage: 65
- Engine: 260 XL
- Top Speed: 64.8 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 315
- Armor: 232 (Ferro-Fibrous)
- Torso Movement:
- 110 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side
- 35 degrees up and down
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: Ultra AC/5, AC/2
- Left Torso: Medium Pulse Laser, CASE
- Right Torso: Medium Pulse Laser, CASE
- Right Arm: Ultra AC/5, AC/2
- Internal Structure: Standard
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 3 Ballistic
- Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 1 Energy
- Right Arm: 3 Ballistic
- Heat Sinks: 10 Single
- Jump Jets: n/a
- ECM Capable?: No
- Module Slots: 2

JagerMech JM6-A

- Engine: 260
- Armor: 256 (Standard)
- Torso Movement:
- 90 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side
- 35 degrees up and down
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: LRM 15, AC/2
- Left Torso: Medium Laser
- Right Torso: Medium Laser
- Right Arm: LRM 15, AC/2
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 1 Ballistic, 2 Missile
- Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 1 Energy
- Right Arm: 1 Ballistic, 2 Missile

JagerMech JM6-S

- Engine: 260
- Torso Movement:
- 110 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Armor: 192 (Standard)
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side
- 35 degrees up and down
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: AC/5, AC/2
- Left Torso: Medium Laser
- Right Torso: Medium Laser
- Right Arm: AC/5, AC/2
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 2 Ballistic
- Left Torso: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 2 Energy
- Right Arm: 2 Ballistic

Tourmaline Desert

The Tourmaline Desert is found on a small sun-baked planetoid in a binary star system. The bedrock is largely granite covered, with a thin layer of schist and sporadic veins of liquid sodium. The most striking features, however, are the endless, towering outcrops of massive tourmaline crystals that reach up against a scarlet nebula. The mean temperature is ~97°C, with an atmosphere comprised mainly of carbon dioxide with trace amounts of methane, ammonia, sodium and water vapour.

The planetoid is located along a strategic corridor, and has therefore seen many battles over the past centuries. In some circles it is known as ‘The Boneyard as its surface is littered with the carcasses of abandoned BattleMechs and wrecked dropships. A derelict 52000 ton Mammoth class cargo carrier dropship can be found half-buried in the middle of the desert with its bones jutting out into the sky. Slowly being consumed by the deserts blowing sand, the last two centuries have left it sand-blasted and corroded.

BattleMech warriors will have a challenging fight ahead of them. Heat management will be a huge priority, and steep walled craters may pen them in for easy pickings. The giant tourmaline crystals will offer some protection from missile barrages, but the long corridors and accessible peaks will make any BattleMech vulnerable to sniper fire.

New Consumables Modules

- General Notes:

- Consumable modules cannot be sold back to the store.
- Cool Shot is activated by pressing Delete (when a cool shot module is equipped).
- If more than one type of cool shot module is equipped, the first press of Delete will activate the Cool Shot 6.
- The second press will activate Cool Shot 9 or Cool Shot 9 by 9 or Cool Shot 18 (whichever is equipped).
- If the player shuts down while coolant flushing, the flush pauses and any remaining flush automatically resumes after powering up.
- If a consumable module is not used during a match, it is not consumed and remains on the BattleMech

- Cool Shot 6

- Only one of these can be equipped on a BattleMech at a time.
- Consumed upon use.
- Costs 10,000 CBills.
- When used, it removes 6 heat per second, for 1 second, from your BattleMech(in addition to the standard heat loss from your heat sinks).
- This is equivalent to the cooling provided by 60 single heat sinks.

- Cool Shot 9

- Cannot be equipped on a BattleMech that has a Cool Shot 18 equipped.
- Consumed upon use.
- Costs 40,000 CBills.
- When used, it removes 9 heat per second, for 1 second, from your BattleMech(in addition to the standard heat loss from your heat sinks).
- This is equivalent to the cooling provided by 90 single heat sinks.

- Cool Shot 18

- Cannot be equipped on a BattleMech that has a Cool Shot 9 equipped.
- Consumed upon use.
- Costs 15 MC.
- When used, it removes 18 heat per second, for 1 second, from your BattleMech(in addition to the standard heat loss from your heat sinks).
- This is equivalent to the cooling provided by 180 single heat sinks.

New Modules

- Cool Boost

- Costs 15,000 GXP.
- When bought, automatically increases the cooling provided by every cool shot by 20%.
- Does not need to be equipped to a BattleMech.

- Cool Shot 9 by 9

- Costs 15,000 GXP.
- When bought, automatically upgrades all Cool Shot 9 modules into Cool Shot 9 by 9 modules.
- Cool Shot 9 by 9 modules removed 18 heat per second for 1 second.
- All other stats/costs/restrictions are the same as Cool Shot 9.

BattleMech Cockpit Items

- Atlas Statue.
- Catapult Statue.
- Hunchback Statue.

BattleMech Skin

- Vagabond Skin.

Gameplay

New Controls

- Added Arm Lock gameplay option (ON by default):
- When Arm Lock is enabled, the arm reticule is fixed to the torso crosshairs and moves at the same rate as the torso.
- Added Throttle Decay gameplay option (ON by default). When Throttle Decay is enabled:
- Gameplay options can be enabled/disabled on the fly from the new in-game Options Screen.
- Pressing the ‘W key will sets the throttle to 100%.
- Pressing the ‘S key will sets the throttle to -100%.
- Releasing the ‘W and ‘S key sets the throttle to 0.
- Keyboard users can now use the NumPad to directly control throttle (using the 0-9, +, -, and . keys).
- New Bind: F" - centers Feet to Torso.
- New Bind: Shift - toggles Arm Lock while held.
- Analog turn support for joysticks.

In-game Options

- The Video, Game, and Control settings are accessible via the in-game pause menu.

Catapult Variant Quirks

- The CPLT-A1, CPLT-C1, and CPLT-C4 have had their torso twist angle reduced from 140 to 120.
- The CPLT-A1, CPLT-C1, and CPLT-C4 have had their arm pitch angle reduced from 45 to 35.
- The CPLT-K2 has had its torso twist angle reduced from 140 to 110.

Raven Hitbox Adjustment

- The hitbox complexity of the Raven has been reduced.
- This will result in the Raven being hit much easier and brings it on par with it's light counterparts.

Bug Fixes

Gameplay

- When a user is killed with jump jets on, the jump jets will now turn off properly.
- SRMs will no longer set off the "INCOMING MISSILES" warning.
- Fixed an issue where firing SRMs at close range at an enemy BattleMech's leg does little to no damage.

Mech

- Added in the laser caps that were missing from the CPLT-K2's center torso.
- The machine guns on the CPLT-K2's side torsos will disappear when the user removes them.
- Autocannons and Gauss Rifles are now represented with the appropriate meshes on the CPLT-K2.

Options

- Fixed a key binding corruption issue that could occur when switching between user accounts.
- Resolved an issue where the native resolution of the users current desktop was not available in the in-game list.
- Fixed the Invert Throttle bind so it actually flips the current throttle value.
- Improved the Action Map binding mechanics.
- Ensured that the users custom key bindings are always preserved when controls with new defaults are added.
- The default system specifications are now properly restored when they are reset.

Mechlab

- Disable scene lighting when the user is viewing the cockpit during customization to reduce saturation.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Haha suck it Ravens!

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

And catapults got a long-asked for nerf on their torso twist to bring them in line with the rest of the heavies. Didn't see that one coming, tbh.

Little disappointed in no airstrikes

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

And where's the streak nerf?

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

April 2nd.
Gevurah

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
Coming april 2nd. Man this board is wonky on my pc.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

And catapults got a long-asked for nerf on their torso twist to bring them in line with the rest of the heavies. Didn't see that one coming, tbh.

Yeah KrisN and I were talking while running dual K2s it is ridiculous that you can see all the way back on each side, I don't think is going to affect much since the my K2 is not a brawling build. It was convenient but not required.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

It was pretty ridiculous, especially on splat cats. Should make things more balanced, though I'm surprised they did it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Oh man I am buying this new mech and put some bigass ac20s on it and see how it works, I think I will go with the one with lasers.