S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: Missing recordings reappeared

said by SeattleMatt:

S10-
I've seen instances of that on the Xfinity forums on the Comcast website.

Apparently even though the programs are stored on the DVR - the information about them is in the cloud - so if their cloud infrastructure hiccups - it'll look like the programs aren't there, even if they are.

Thanks for the info Matt! Yeah I've seen instances about the hard drive capacity issue reported on the Comcast site but hadn't seen anyone report about missing recordings reappearing. The cloud theory does make sense.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to S10driver35

Premium Member

to S10driver35
S10-
I've seen instances of that on the Xfinity forums on the Comcast website.

Apparently even though the programs are stored on the DVR - the information about them is in the cloud - so if their cloud infrastructure hiccups - it'll look like the programs aren't there, even if they are.
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
So here's something a bit odd. Last Wednesday I had a couple of programs set to record and the next day was frustrated that they didn't seem to record (my first experience with this issue). So over the course of the weekend I was catching up on what I had on the DVR and after deleting everything I recorded as well as emptying the deleted recordings I was still showing that my DVR was 2% full. I'm aware this is a known issue but I went ahead and rebooted my DVR anyway and still had the DVR showing 2% full

Lo and behold, yesterday morning I discovered my missing recordings from a week ago were back in my listing of available recordings. Has this happened to anyone else missing recordings or having an issue with the capacity of their DVR as well?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream

Re: DVR Not Available

Looks like there was yet another Server side update overnight....

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
What's odd about that is policy dictates system maintenance to be performed between 12am and 5am. Unless it was some kind of "emergency" thing.

This maintenance window is when you would normally see code upgrades, channel changes (adds, moving frequencies, etc), new ch maps pushed out, server swaps or other gear changes.