StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

Samsung Confirms Smart Watch as Apple War Moves to Wrist

Yet another way to give away private information
quote:
According to a separate Reuters report, the Samsung smart watch will perform many of the tasks of the smart phone, although the source wouldn’t elaborate. If other smart phone watches on the market are any guide, such as the Martian Watch and I’m Watch, we would expect the Samsung device to make calls, offer some fitness functions, as well as deliver news and social updates at a glance.

»blog.laptopmag.com/samsu ··· to-wrist

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

Yet another way to give away private information

Very true StuartMW

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
united state

Woody79_00 to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
I just wonder how long it will take for Apple to sue Samsung again.....afterall, Apple created the "smart watch" in their minds even though prior art has been on the market for years...

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
The shoe was first!

TH

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW

Premium Member

Not sure who was first but I think this guy had a "smart watch" over 50 years ago

He's worn a few, Rolex. Omega, Seiko...

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

Not sure who was first but I think this guy had a "smart watch" over 50 years ago

He's worn a few, Rolex. Omega, Seiko...

Yea your right!

TH

Trihexagonal5
join:2004-08-29
US

Trihexagonal5 to StuartMW

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

Dick Tracy had them all beat...

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW

Premium Member

I guess Apple and/or Samsung will sue Dick Tracy then Not sure how you get a cartoon figure on patent infringement, especially if he has "prior art", but I'm sure some lawyer will come up with a way.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

1 recommendation

jaykaykay to StuartMW

MVM

to StuartMW
I know I am old and grew up in another generation, but I am totally fed up with all this technical stuff giving away bits and pieces of that which I have spent years to maintain, me. The more 'new and wonderful' products which come on line, that more I feel that maybe, just maybe, I ought to open our doors and windows and let anyone who cares to enter into my home and just let them look around at everything they care to. That's what all this technology has come to.

TheJoker
MVM
join:2001-04-26
Charlottesville, VA

TheJoker

MVM

Apple will sue saying the watch must be round, because they have patented the rectangle.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 recommendation

rcdailey to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
It occurs to me that there is a difference between not locking your doors because it isn't necessary and not locking your doors because locking them won't do any good. Things seem to be the latter way these days.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
I want a standalone thin smartwatch without the needing of a phone. It should be thin and light as Casio Data Bank calculator watches (still wear one!).

Trihexagonal5
join:2004-08-29
US

Trihexagonal5

said by antdude:

I want a standalone thin smartwatch without the needing of a phone. It should be thin and light as Casio Data Bank calculator watches (still wear one!).

I've never even had a cellphone and would just as soon have another G-Shock.