share rss forum feed

Diogenes
Qui Me Amat, Amet Et Canem Meum
Premium
join:2000-08-16
Southbury, CT

Download question

Hi All,

Need some help. I have been trying to download a video where I was interviewed. For some reason I am unable to download it. First time this has been an issue. Can those smarter than me help out?

»www.mycentraljersey.com/article/···violence

Many thanks in advance.

Brad

orion940
Attractive like a magnet
Premium
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
I use a Firefox Add-on, Download Helper. If you use Firefox and install that, it will do what you want it to do. There's a couple of other FF add-ons that will do what you want.

If you don't have FF, I don't know, perhaps some add-on for your browser.

O.
--
Windsor, Home of the Decorative Zamboni

Diogenes
Premium
Southbury, CT
I have tried all the "usual" download methods :-( FF add ons, standalone programs etc. One developer researched and said the video clip is encrypted and tough to download. Grrrr.

I have written the videoographer to see if he will send me a copy.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1

1 edit
I have it downloaded [FF with Download Helper], but if I try to play it, this machine crashes. I'll have to test it on a few others before I decide it's intentional.

EDIT:
No, that was the commercial. Not sure why it was crashing, but it's fine now. The main video doesn't appear. Encryption is a good bet. If nothing else works, maybe try Total Recorder?
»www.totalrecorder.com/

Don't worry about this machine crashing. It's about time to build a new one anyway. I built it out of assorted parts in an old eMachine case around 8 years ago. The 4800 RPM fan I had to put in to keep it from frying itself is starting to get on my nerves.

Diogenes
Premium
Southbury, CT
Ummmm All I was able to download was the ad before it. Don't crash your box over this.

Diogenes
Premium
Southbury, CT
reply to DrStrange
Yeah, I have to do a screen recorder of the video. Thanks for your help!