how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Clever_Proxy
Premium
join:2004-05-14
Villa Park, IL

[Bill] Does $119.99 a month sound right for TV+Internet?

Just a curious question. I'm in the Chicago area and I have Blast with Digital Starter. My promos are starting to end and my bill is up to $119.99 a month. I called and tried to sign up for the next promo and was given the cold shoulder.

Does the price seem high or on target?

Renthal

join:2005-10-16
West Lafayette, IN
Is that with the basic television package?

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to Clever_Proxy
Depending on the level of TV service, and all your "extras" (boxes, movie stations, etc)...that sounds a bit high, but not the highest thats been reported.

Clever_Proxy
Premium
Villa Park, IL
reply to Clever_Proxy
It's as basic as watchable TV gets. No premium channels. I have only one TV with an HD box on it. No DVRs or anything

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Clever_Proxy
From my Schaumburg price list:
$67.95 - Digital Starter
$9.95 - HD
$61.95 - Blast! (bundled)

That's $139.85 raw prices, assuming you have your own modem, before taxes. Add $7 if you rent a modem.

Other then several triple-plays, the only double-play in my list is Blast Plus (Blast! plus Digital Economy), which is $79.95.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
reply to Clever_Proxy
Although it was worth a try, promos exist for the sole purpose of enticing people to switch to their product. I miss my "promo-days" too!

The price sounds about right.
--
Deeds, not words

Clever_Proxy
Premium
Villa Park, IL
reply to andyross
said by andyross:

Other than several triple-plays, the only double-play in my list is Blast Plus (Blast! plus Digital Economy), which is $79.95.

This is very tempting. Thank you for the info!

Do you know if I need to be a new customer in order to qualify for that? I think the only thing I will miss from Starter is HGTV and Travel Channel. I guess I'll just have to watch my ballin' mansions online.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
In my latest bill, it was mentioned that VH1 and TLC were also being dropped from Economy on 4/23.

Also, Blast! Plus does include Streampix.

noc007

join:2002-06-18
Cumming, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Clever_Proxy
Call back and see if you get a more receptive CSR. If you've tried a few times, you may need to tell them that it's too much and you're looking to cut service. If you've got competition in your area, you've got more leverage. I don't know if they've got a retention department; if they do, they should be able to cut you a deal. Unless you're a PITA, some business is better than no business.

The last round I was able to get them to cut it by nearly half with one of the current promotions. YMMV and that applies more to these services than anything else I've come across.

wTheOnew

join:2012-03-09
reply to Clever_Proxy
I was told in more that one of my numerous calls to Comcast about my bill that the real price of Blast / Digital Starter Double Play is $140 + tax and anything under that is a promotional price. So yeah, $120 sounds right but you can probably talk them down if you really try and there's at least a little competition in your area.

GusHerb94

join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to Clever_Proxy
Your price seems somewhat reasonable for the tiers and features you stated without promo's.

We just got the BlastPlus package almost a week ago and somehow ended up with the Digital Starter tier for TV even though they only bill us for BlastPlus. Enjoying that til they catch their error...

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to noc007
said by noc007:

Call back and see if you get a more receptive CSR. If you've tried a few times, you may need to tell them that it's too much and you're looking to cut service. If you've got competition in your area, you've got more leverage. I don't know if they've got a retention department; if they do, they should be able to cut you a deal. Unless you're a PITA, some business is better than no business.

The last round I was able to get them to cut it by nearly half with one of the current promotions. YMMV and that applies more to these services than anything else I've come across.

I haven't been able to get Comcast to cut their bill in half, but I always call them and get them to reduce the bill $10-$20 a month. They always do it if you are nice on the phone.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

CUBS_FAN
Next Year Again..

join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to Clever_Proxy
North side Chicago, I'm paying about $88 a month for basic cable (which has local channels and about 15 cable channels) and Performance silver at 16/2 soon to be upgraded 25/5.