uniqs

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to pflog

to pflog

Re: [Signals] Signal is getting worse

you call , complain about speeds, disconnects, and ask for a tech to come out. thats all......why do people make it out to be harder then what it is?!

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by gar187er:

you call , complain about speeds, disconnects, and ask for a tech to come out. thats all......why do people make it out to be harder then what it is?!

Because if they come out and claim to find nothing, I get charged for it. I don't know about you, but I don't like spending money I don't need to.

AnonMan
@comcast.net

AnonMan to gar187er

Anon

to gar187er
If you can catch the signals out of spec logging into your modem, call at that moment, make them document the levels and send a tech. If the tech arrives and they have bounces back you just tell them it bounces around.

Keep playing this game. They won't bill you if it's documented at time of your call it is out of spec.

Noise issues are a perfect example. My area recently had an issue that only appeared a few times a day causing US SNR to dip and knock a bunch of people down. Every time they came all was fine.

Get the same guy enough he will normally open a ticket higher up. I now have maint crew number. They had me call them direct one day when it happened and he saw the entire node dip for about 3 minutes. By the time he drove to it issue was gone again. It made them investigate it though and 2 months later they found the issue to be someone who no longer has server was hooked up (which is fine everything is encrypted so they no longer disconnect) but when they got home from work everyday they did something to introduce noise on the line and when they was done it went away. Short story the disconnected and tagged it that if reconnected noise must be fixed.

So don't worry about them charging.

The only time the generally try to charge is if your inside home wire is bad or a router issue, If you can show documentation, screen shots or get techs to note at the time it was out of spec or having problems you are good. Enough calls of them doing nothing will prompt a higher level or sup to look into.