All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

clickity
@videotron.ca

clickity to clickity

Anon

to clickity

Re: Corvette part: For Vue666 (or anyone else)

Got my part.

My part is the original 77, getting a newer rev. Very, very slight difference to it, and colour.

So Vue, if ever you come across a hard to find part, or just want to check prices, these people are very, very decent and down to earth. Nothing to small for them and they really go out of their way. »dynamiccorvettes.com/

The guy above who told me to buy their whole column to get this little part sent me another Email saying he will pull it out for the reward. But he replied last, so no-go for him.

*happy camper*

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

good stuff, I'm celebrating with a glass of Moosehead
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to clickity

to clickity
Never heard of Dynamicvettes.com but ya' can't have enuff leads for antique car parts....

Many thanks for sharing this... I'm glad it all worked out for ya'... and remember "Save the wave"...LOL

clickity
@videotron.ca

clickity

Anon

Never heard of them either till I looked into discontinued parts, rare parts, and N.O.S (New Old Stock) parts. Seems they have a good stock. Never bought NOS parts before, but why not... I know I will end up buying more this summer, so I'll likely give them another shot.

Now, what I don't have is a Moosehead.

"Save the wave"
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

Great find... Now ya' gotta post some pics of your C3... LOL

clickity
@videotron.ca

clickity

Anon

Will do. Just need a nice day w/o 3 feet of snow. Had it repainted 2 years ago too. Original classic white.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

Painting a Vette can be expensive...

clickity
@videotron.ca

clickity

Anon

Yeah I wasn't going to get it done. It isn't cheap, Fibre has to be sanded down properly. If not done properly it's a useless paint job. But I had a good price that I couldn't refuse. ~2500. New exhaust put on last year (Corvette Central). And a bunch of other little toys like the interior of the car doors, new mirrors, new top, new carpets (all from Corvette Central), Rebuilt Quadrajet by a high performance race driver out in Quebec city, new tires (shipped from the states), etc. It's a couple of grand a year easy, maybe a bit more. That doesn't include shipping.

I'll have another list of parts to buy soon enough

So kinda glad I found this other place. Maybe I can save a few pennies.
clickity

clickity to vue666

Anon

to vue666
BTW, Vue, Which do you have. for some reason I seem to recall you had a model like 15 years older than mine.

What I would also like to get my hands on is a Nova SS. Found one driven by a grandmother she wanted 1000$ for it. 19K miles on it. Kicked myself when I went back and it was sold. Told the lady I would get it started and I did. A week later, gone. It just sat in a driveway never driven. Sun did a job on the interior though with it just sitting there for decades.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

Click for full size
Click for full size
It's a first generation Corvette, 1960... Owned since 1983...

Here are some photos from car shows last year...

clickity
@videotron.ca

clickity

Anon

That is one heck of a beauty. Is that the original colour (Roman Red)? If so, seems only ~700 of them were produced in that two tone colour. Which, to me, is the best of them.

It's a head turner. Thanks for showing.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

No...it's a late 1960's Ford Candy Apple Red...

At one time (prior to my ownership) the car was a drag racer and had a big block...

As you know early Corvettes were one of the most abused cars and often ended up on the drag strip, road racing course or just hot rodded...

Being light with a large engine bay that could accommodate a big block, they often competed in the gasser class in NHRA drag racing...

clickity
@videotron.ca

clickity

Anon

said by vue666:

As you know early Corvettes were one of the most abused cars and often ended up on the drag strip, road racing course or just hot rodded...

Being light with a large engine bay that could accommodate a big block, they often competed in the gasser class in NHRA drag racing...

Wasn't it Duntov who a year prior (or might have been two) set a couple of new world records with the vette? That in turn led to the 1960 model being one of the best selling cars at the time (10,000 sold). Something like that, going by memory.

I wonder how many exist today?
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

If memory serves me correct a couple of relatively stock 1960 Corvettes raced at the 24 hours of Le Mans and finished not only high in their class but I believe in the top ten overall...