share rss forum feed

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5

Angled brackets

Hoping someone here might have come across these and know where to source them...

Take a look at this photo:

»www.flickr.com/photos/telstra-co···8224176/

On the left, in the rack closest to the camera, are some devices mounted in a downwards fashion. They appear to be mounted on some special brackets.

Based on my experience, the racks are probably only 300mm deep (for transmission kit), where as the routers (looks like a Cisco of some sort, 2800/2900/3800/3900) are much deeper than this. So to fit them in they have these brackets that leave them on a slope.

Im interested to get some for my lab, since Im looking at a 2 post rack for space saving purposes, and these brackets will allow even more space to be saved.

So heres hoping anyway.

Thanks!

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
Holy crap that's neat!!!

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
London, UK
I know hey!

Im already having thoughts about getting some fabricated if I cant find a supplier.

No idea how much that would cost though.

netboy34
Premium
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA
kudos:1
this what you are looking for?

»www.cdw.com/shop/products/CPI-CU···798.aspx

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
London, UK
I have looked at them, but they are not it unfortunately. Based on the description ("clear") I get the feeling they might be made of plastic. They seem to be an accessory for a particular model of rack, as opposed to a generic rack accessory.

They also dont seem to be "shaped" correctly, with the top side folded the opposite way to the bottom, so this would mess up the dimensions between the two sides of the rack.

Tr0utp0nD

join:2000-12-20
Clarks Summit, PA
reply to TomS_
»www.blackbox.com/Store/Detail.as···EWM45DAB

Not sure if the same but defiantly metal.

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
London, UK
Unfortunately they would appear to be the same as the original ones. They are folded opposite directions, so would change the dimensions of the inside edge of the rack.

Need to be folded in a "C" shape so that the inside dimensions aren't changed.

Thanks though.

Paulg
Displaced Yooper
Premium
join:2004-03-15
Neenah, WI
kudos:1
Those make no sense.. why would you want to turn a 19" rack into an 18.5" rack?

I suppose you could turn one of them upside-down

djweis

join:2006-04-02
West Des Moines, IA
reply to TomS_
They are called clear because they aren't painted. The manufacturer (CPI) uses that term.

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
London, UK
I had a suspicion about that. Clear is just an odd term. Bare would have been better, or simply "unpainted." :-P