join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

2 edits

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie

Re: [MoP] MoP Progression Thread

We'll see how it goes.

edit: One of them is already kiting and is a top dmg done performer in single-target situations (so, I wish I didn't have to use her for pheromone kiting). And sometimes she's holding a baby, lol.

The other hunter is great at PVP, but he was one of the ones unnerved by the prospect of taking on such a crucial responsibility.
Immer

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

I've been pouring through some recent parses of Garalon 10m normal kills... no one is getting the kill through leg death alone. At most they are killing 17-20 legs, which means we will have to do dmg the body. Groups with ridiculous cleave are killing him in 4.5 minutes with only 11 legs down. What makes "death by leg kill" impossible is that he seems to vary when he will cast Mend Leg between 10 and 45 seconds....and the enrage is at 7min.

What we need to work on:
• 4 kiters
• melting all 4 legs quickly under Hero/TimeWarp, then never dropping below 3 stacks of "Broken Leg"
• Destroying Garalon's body whenever we can... preferrably at 4 stacks of "Broken Leg".

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

I have never done garalon on 10m, but what we did on 25man was always melee on legs if they were up, other wise ranged on body full time. If you have less melee maybe have ranged help out on the legs who can double dot/attack and not lose too much DPS on the body.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

Thanks for your help, JB. I'd like to get on the other side of the pendulum (wiping because we ran out of room to kite... which means we neglected the legs too much) and then working toward a more balanced dps approach. That's what I'm hoping to accomplish with this different strat (/PrayingForMeleeDPSThisWeek).

edit: and I realize it's a bit silly to still be debating strats of old-content... but this is still exciting for me. I thank everyone for their patience (or at the very least apathy, lol).

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777

Man I wish i was in there with you guys!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well now that we have guild credit for MV we can focus on HoF.

I need the OH off the 2nd boss, and I think if we can use the slip streams better and do the frogger bit better we'll kill it faster.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Immer

to Immer
My first Garalon kill came in 10m. We beat the enrage by seconds. If I recall correctly, we were all ~80k DPS. So, I reckon that should be the benchmark.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Windlord down. Ambershaper sucks. We almost got big construct down... people started getting tired. Will take shots at ToT tomorrow night (frankly, we need a break from the bugs, lol).

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

If you guys can beat Elegon, I would assume you can beat Jin'Rok. Much like Ele, it's a bit of a DPS check.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

2 edits

Immer

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

If you guys can beat Elegon, I would assume you can beat Jin'Rok. Much like Ele, it's a bit of a DPS check.

I agree... it's just that we can't all learn the "spark" mechanic at the same time... it seemed each wipe had a different person in the construct... so that spreads out the learning curve a bit. We'll get it.
said by Wishflthinkn:

Jus have to learn fast and avoid wiping the raid as I did 2 X last night. Must do better.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You only got the 2 chances at learning. I was all ready to interrupt my own explosion, but I missed interrupting the Construct's explosion by 2 seconds (my "1" was on CD). We all took part in the wipes, lol.

PnE, please go into LFR to practice the construct mechanics. I know I will =)

here's a good video that talks at our level (wipe until you learn!)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· qROcP89k

and while we are at it... lets check out the empress video done by the same dudes.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ApSORA5Y
Immer

Immer

Premium Member

but for fun, we will be taking some stabs at Jin'rokh before returning to HoF.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Make a /spam macro to spam in the middle of the fight. That seemed to work for us. Honestly, I don't even remember the buttons anymore.