how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

smokey92070

join:2012-12-19
Santa Ysabel, CA

[Exede] Info for the new kid

I have noticed some of the moderators and others sign the bottom of their posts with gateway and accelenet cities. Where is this information? I am new here on Exede beam 372. I found the modem at 192.168.100.1, there does not seem to be a whole lot of information available on it, or am I missing something? Please excuse the simple questions from the new kid, that is trying to learn.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1
Bump

DrStrangLov

reply to smokey92070
said by smokey92070:

gateway and accelenet cities. Where is this information?

Lighting a Fire Under Satellite Broadband

Exede Beam Map

In regards to which AcceleNet data center is being used, one can do a tracert to say google, and determine which server is being used.

"AcceleNet is powered by five large data-processing centers located in Dallas, Denver, Fort Worth, Salt Lake City, [Phoenix] and Seattle; each has 100 to 200 blade servers."

smokey92070

Santa Ysabel, CA
Thanks ,I'm learning, with the tracert of google, I see Dallas Texas and the return trip shows Dallas and Dallas Fort Worth.

DrStrangLov

said by smokey92070:

I see Dallas Texas and the return trip shows Dallas and Dallas Fort Worth.

See also: »[Exede] ViaSat-1 + Augmented beams/gateways

Although a person from Santa Ysabel, CA may be on Denver or Milford, UT Gateway, it would appear your traffic is directed to Dallas AcceleNet data center rather than at Phoenix.

From a Gateway, which is a ground based satellite dish that receives your uplinked data and transmits your return data to you, they can re-route your traffic to one of six AcceleNet data centers.

So, if something happened at one AcceleNet data center, users traffic would be re-routed to another data center; when done, users tend to see slower speeds during primetime.

smokey92070

Santa Ysabel, CA
The [Exede] ViaSat-1+Augmennted beams/gateways was the link I was looking for,also, as a bonus I learned how to do a tracert. Thanks again and I remember the movie Dr. Strangelove.