share rss forum feed

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

speed upgrades,,, why can't SL?

So, just browsing over the front page articles AGAIN sees Comcast upgrading their speeds. Pretty much doubling the downloads, and in some cases MORE than doubling the upload speed. Why can't SuddenLink do this?

I mean their 25 meg package has 5 up now... something we have to buy the god awful expensive package for. I'm not even asking why SL can't match the upper end upload speeds, I'm just wondering why we've been served a 30 megs down with an outstanding 2 megs up.......

/rant
--
30/2 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21

Didn't they upgrade (most) users to 15/1.5 like a month ago?
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA

and they bumped us 20 meg users to 30 with no more upspeed, lol. I really didn't need the extra down link.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to moldypickle

Reminds me of my topic..... »[Rant] 2013

But yeah, I am right there with you.... Never ahead of the pack, always behind.

Stuck paying a premium price for 50/3.......
--
What the heck is a GatorKram? »www.gatorkram.com

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to Cabal

said by Cabal:

Didn't they upgrade (most) users to 15/1.5 like a month ago?

lucky... Here in mineral wells, we get 10mbps down and 1 up

upload is starting to become more of a issue with all the cloud services popping up..

we where 8mbps down and 1 up but they up'ed that a year ago.. we haven't got a upgrade since.. which is funny since we have 4-5 isp providers here thank gosh!, im not fond of fixed wireless but Nextlink is startin to be my number 1 choice.. 17 mbps down and 4 up.. if suddenlink don't get on the ball quick im done with them and their caps

moldypickle

Haughton, LA

Fixed wireless is offering better upload speeds than my Doc3 cable.... -.-

Edit> Caps can't really be an argument atm though since they have suspended them with no further word.

humdude707

join:2009-08-21
reply to moldypickle

I just moved from Northern California (Humboldt) to the Central Valley (Foothills) and I am so glad I don't have Suddenlink anymore.

I had Suddenlink for TV and Internet for a couple of years. I ended up getting rid of TV because I hated flipping through my channels without a dvr because of all the doubled channels (40,40.1,41,41.1 etc..). The price for a DVR is only worth it during their promotion periods.

I paid for 8 down and 1.5 up. The cheapest I could get it.

So now down here I sign up for Comcast's intro deal (free DVR for 6 months) and got the basic internet (no special price). Now I get 15 down and 5 up.

I was amazed when I had to upload some photos to facebook and while sending e-mail attachments!

Also Comcast's DVR is so much better than the ones that Suddenlink uses. Much more selection and convenient features. They have Android and iPhone apps, as well as for Xbox.

I'll still be cancelling my TV service once the promo ends (I don't watch much TV so Netflix, which now has original shows, Hulu and Amzon will suffice). The only problem is sports games but lets hope that the Television Consumer Freedom Act of 2013 passes and I can use MLB.com to stream my games

Cobra11M

Mineral Wells, TX
reply to moldypickle

said by moldypickle:

Fixed wireless is offering better upload speeds than my Doc3 cable.... -.-

Edit> Caps can't really be an argument atm though since they have suspended them with no further word.

lol now im getting 20mbps down and 1.5mbps up suddenlink looks like they upped the area.. cant say for sure just yet but so far its been this way for a week or so.

still wish upload was a bit better.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA

Ingenious idea!!! Keep increasing the download speed for free. Maybe no one will notice the caps >.>

Cobra11M

Mineral Wells, TX

haha right!, I personally think that maybe they cant do the upload just yet.. they have always been slow to up it even a little, the download isn't needed at all but welcomed, thankfully I have a router with DD-WRT on it so I don't care about caps really, I keep track of it all and turned Netflix to 360p, that alone helped big time, sure it looks crappy up close on a 42 but when I lay back I don't notice a difference