kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 edit

[Updated] Opera 12.15 RC

Opera 12.15 RC
Tuesday, March 19, 2013

quote:
While you guys are waiting for the new big thing we are still fixing some bugs in Opera 12. This is the Release Candidate for Opera 12.15. Please look out for regressions. :-)
Change log
• Fixed a few crashers
• CORE-49411 Opera ignores readAsArrayBuffer argument when re-using FileReader
• CORE-48348 Posters too far down on imdb, inline-block pushed down by lone <br>child

Download: »my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/20···12-15-rc

ltsnow
Premium
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Thanks for the heads-up.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

Opera 12.15 RC2
By Alexeyalex-shpak. Friday, March 22, 2013 2:30:00 PM

quote:
Thanks to everyone who reported an issue with empty list of search engines. It's fixed now, indeed.

This build also fixes DSK-383502 -- a freeze followed by a crash.
»my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/20···2-15-rc2

ltsnow
Premium
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Got that one too. Thanks.

bcool
Premium
join:2000-08-25
The Ozarks
reply to chachazz

I use Opera mobile and I like it a lot. But I've never ever tried the desktop version. Can you try it simple enough without it trashing your system with muddy tracks all over the place.... I wonder?

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by bcool:

I use Opera mobile and I like it a lot. But I've never ever tried the desktop version. Can you try it simple enough without it trashing your system with muddy tracks all over the place.... I wonder?

The easiest way is to try Opera as a "USB" or "standalone" install. If Opera's not already on your system, download the installer .exe file and click on it. When the installation starts, select the "Options" button, then in "Install for", select "Stand-alone (USB) installation", and finally pick an install path to a folder on your hard drive that suits you. The USB installation doesn't have to go onto a USB drive... it simply places Opera as a compact, portable application that doesn't actually "install" in Windows registry per se. The down-side of that is that you can't make Opera the default browser for various file types or a clicked-URL, and all users would have to share the same personal files and settings. However, a USB installation placed on the hard drive is otherwise a full-up Opera version without all the normal "Windows-installation" registry entanglements and personal folders scattered across the various user accounts.

I find it excellent for exhaustively testing new Opera versions without perturbing other Opera installations on the same system (a USB installation, if placed into its own folder-name, is totally independent of anything else - Opera or otherwise - on the system). Once I'm happy with a particular USB-install version, I will re-install it as a full, multi-user Opera installation rather than a USB install, then delete the old USB installation by just deleting its folders (though one may or may not wish to copy their personal data files from their "profile" sub-folder to the new, full installation before deleting).
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

sivran
Opera ex-pat
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

Being the only user on my machine, I just use the usb/portable install, period. I went from Win XP to Win 8 without my browser even skipping a beat.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

bcool
Premium
join:2000-08-25
The Ozarks

1 edit
reply to chachazz

Thanks you all!!

Man--- is Opera 12 (desktop) fast and seems to have less memory footprint too. I'm disappointed that its "noscirpt" extension is not kept up as well as the one used on Firefox. Anything that hasn't been updated this long is practically useless. I'm a huge fan of NoScript on Firefox. Otherwise, Opera is slick!