Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dick white
Premium
join:2000-03-24
Annandale, VA

VZ mail server f'd up again tonight

Several different clients (Windows Mail, Tbird) all failing to connect (both send and receive) on several accounts for the past hour or so (Tues. eve., 8:30-9:30p eastern). Have not yet tried resetting the accounts back to incoming. / outgoing. from the new pop. and smtp. servers.

dw

HD_Ride
Premium
join:2000-10-18
Jerseyastan

It’s all good here, in fact just upgraded to MS Outlook 2013 a few hours ago and haven’t missed a beat. Obviously it looks different but sending and receiving with no issues. We changed our pop server settings about 2 months ago shortly after it was posted here and haven't had a issue since....

floridafuzz
Premium
join:2008-02-23
Hope, RI
reply to dick white

All good here also-just fired up Thunderbird and emails downloaded right away- I always encounter a significant slowdown in the afternoon time frame. Early morning and later in the evening things are fine.

jbee

join:2002-01-03
Merrick, NY
reply to dick white

Messed up here in Long Island NY

Can't send....and maybe can't receive

Thanks for reporting it; it saved me hours of changing on my side.

I'm on the new servers so its not that.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

I had a similar problem on my wife's iPad Tuesday afternoon about 4:30 Pacific time. She could receive e-mail but not send it. After a call to Verizon it turned out that the password for outgoing mail was different than for incoming mail. I didn't even know there were two passwords required. Apparently on my account and on hers previously they were both the same. The outgoing password setting is found fairly deep in the settings menu on the iPad.