Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS

Re: ClearQAM Channel Listing for TW Dallas

Ok...

149.99 Purchase price
149.99 Service Fee or 5.99 a month

That alone is 300 months of a 99 cent DTA.

I just found out there is a one time 99.99 activation fee.

Now we are at 400 months.

Am I missing something here?

Hob

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

Yes you forgot the price of the 4 tuner Tivo and service for that you will need to use the Tivo mini.

Premiere 4 = $249 + service
Premiere XL4 = $399 + service

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

Ok...

149.99 Purchase price
149.99 Service Fee or 5.99 a month

That alone is 300 months of a 99 cent DTA.

I just found out there is a one time 99.99 activation fee.

Now we are at 400 months.

Am I missing something here?

Hob

I don't know where you got your numbers. There is no activation fee. It does require service purchase $99.99 direct from Tivo or BestBuy and then service either $5.99 p/m or $149.99 lifetime uses the cable card already in service with a 4 tuner or the upcoming 6 tuner unit. So one cable card and access to all digital channels, all recorded content, hulu and coming Netflix (not currently supported on the mini). It adds another tv to an existing tivo. And NO additional cost to cable company.
PamelaTS

PamelaTS to MeInDallas

to MeInDallas
said by MeInDallas:

Yes you forgot the price of the 4 tuner Tivo and service for that you will need to use the Tivo mini.

Premiere 4 = $249 + service
Premiere XL4 = $399 + service

Didn't forget it???

I clearly stated the first response it worked with an existing TiVo 4 Tuner. Recording capacity alone smokes any Cable Co DVR (can be expanded up to approx 450 hours of full HD), you OWN it you move take it with you and you don't lose the recordings. How much does TWC charge for a DVR? How many tuners, does it do Hulu, NetFlix, YouTube, Amazon, Pandora, Rhapsady, Spotify, PhotoBucket.... and more.

The mini added to a TiVo makes sense especially in a little used room, you don't have to even run coax to it or if coax exist use the MOCA bridge built in all TiVo 4 tuner DVR's. A single cable card and tuning adapter for up to 4 TV's.

I have no doubt that some people will prefer to lease sub-standard equipment/options. For those who prefer to have everything work everywhere and OWN the equipment, this is a great option.

I prefer to purchase BestBuy because they offer a 4 year extended warranty, which TiVo will transfer the lifetime service to a device BestBuy replaces; and well purchases help me maintain my BestBuy Premier Silver RewardZone status. You can skip the extended warranty if you like.

Mainly I prefer to not lease a DVR from the cable company that I'll never own and dependent on them for service, to get recordings off of.