Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pacomartin

join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE

[Connectivity] Actiontec MoCa Bridge what does it do?

I am curious about the function of the Actiontec MoCa Bridge. I assumed that it just allowed communication between the computers and the TIVO, but when I disconnected it the Video On Demand was unavailable on the TIVO boxes. I believe that VOD was still available on the Motorola DCT700 setup box.

jmirabella
Joe Mirabella
Premium,VIP
join:2003-10-20
Lanham, MD
kudos:5
Because the box is one way, the VOD menu system is driven by your home internet connection. the video is still delivered via QAM.

the Premiere box is not MoCA capable.. the ECB allows you to place this box away from your home router / internet setup.
--
Joe Mirabella
VOD Operations

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA
kudos:11
Click for full size
This may help :

Pacomartin

join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
reply to jmirabella
said by jmirabella:

Because the box is one way, the VOD menu system is driven by your home internet connection. the video is still delivered via QAM.

So if I understand correctly the (1) Motorola DCT700 and the (2) HD Converter Box are two way devices, but the Tivo Quad and Tivo Preview are one way ?

In your opinion what will home wiring look like in ten years for a house with only modern equipment? Will there still be coax running through the house, or will it just be coax to get to the house and only ethernet inside. Or will everything inside the house be wireless?