how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MOWAA

join:2010-03-25
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Laws... there meant to be changed

I can see being fined $1.00 per song tops but this is overkill.
File bankruptcy and get it tossed.

Now if terrorist would just start attacking the Recording and Film industry and taking out some of these big wigs, I might just sympatize with a few Death to the RIAA and Death to the MPAA chants.. hell I might even throw in a Death to America chant just for a court feeling a song is worth more than one dollar.

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX

said by MOWAA:

I can see being fined $1.00 per song tops but this is overkill.
File bankruptcy and get it tossed.

Now if terrorist would just start attacking the Recording and Film industry and taking out some of these big wigs, I might just sympatize with a few Death to the RIAA and Death to the MPAA chants.. hell I might even throw in a Death to America chant just for a court feeling a song is worth more than one dollar.

So if 15000 people downloaded it from her her fine should only be $1? What about the loss of sale for those 15000 people that downloaded it?

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to MOWAA

$1 per song? The fine would be less than the value of the music on iTunes. That would make no sense.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
reply to chamberc

said by chamberc:

So if 15000 people downloaded it from her her fine should only be $1? What about the loss of sale for those 15000 people that downloaded it?

Of course there is also the possibility that NO ONE downloaded it and there were therefore $0 damages.