share rss forum feed
« Just FYIStart.ca »
page: 1 · 2

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
reply to elitefx

Re: Rogers offered me

Who needs to rent an apartment/house when you can get unlimited bandwidth from Rogers/Bell

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to mikee

said by mikee:

I think the modem was called a citron? something like that I can't remember the exact name of it so yea...

What does the French word citron mean in English?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19
reply to mikee

said by mikee:

I told him that i'm on 28/1 and I use about 150gb per month he then offered me ....

The Rogers deal is reasonable enough, to be sure. Don't forget though, it is only due to Rogers obstructionism that you can't have those speeds on Teksavvy today. Also, Teksavvy will be matching those speeds for most of Ontario within the next 6 months.
--
electronicsguru.ca

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:12
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to elitefx

yyzlhr ... if that's the case, then they'll do something to make it very uncomfortable to stay on those promo plans ... There've been lots of promos in the past that the incumbents find ways to increase the prices ... like adding "fees" ... like "regulatory recovery fee". Kinda like airplane fees ... airport reconstruction fee ... nav canada fee ... fuel surcharge ... security fee etc. etc. Or car rental "... premium location fee ... road tax recovery fee ... terminal bus fee ..."

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:2

said by sbrook:

yyzlhr ... if that's the case, then they'll do something to make it very uncomfortable to stay on those promo plans ... There've been lots of promos in the past that the incumbents find ways to increase the prices ... like adding "fees" ... like "regulatory recovery fee". Kinda like airplane fees ... airport reconstruction fee ... nav canada fee ... fuel surcharge ... security fee etc. etc. Or car rental "... premium location fee ... road tax recovery fee ... terminal bus fee ..."

Rogers has not added any new monthly fees to their internet service for the last 5-10 years. They have certainly increased their monthly service fees, but there have been no additional fees tacked on, so I'm not sure where you came up with that assumption.

Lastly, what would be the advantage of claiming that your promo is price protected and then jack up the costs when the customer is not in a commitment. They'll just leave.

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr:

said by koreyb:

He's only a contracted employee... He could sign anything but it won't be worth anything unless it comes from the Rogers Corp.

When you go to a wirelesswave and sign up for a plan, the contract is enforceable despite the fact that you're not dealing with an official carrier employee...

The contract you get is not from WirelessWave. It's from the carrier.
--
Everything Apple

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to mikee

:/

We didn't have to go to your door to offer you a great price/service.

Ultimately, if its going to save you $5 a month and that is really important to you then do it, but if you want a deal that will last more than 8 months and you don't have to switch providers and get great customer service, stick it out

And with ours, you will have 150GB more in case you decided to get crazy with bandwidth

»[Cable] NEW RATES - Rogers
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:2
reply to Eug

said by Eug:

said by yyzlhr:

said by koreyb:

He's only a contracted employee... He could sign anything but it won't be worth anything unless it comes from the Rogers Corp.

When you go to a wirelesswave and sign up for a plan, the contract is enforceable despite the fact that you're not dealing with an official carrier employee...

The contract you get is not from WirelessWave. It's from the carrier.

Rogers and other providers have manual contracts that are used during system outages and for instances where the representative does not have access to a computer to process the order. These contracts are accessible by door to door reps and are enforceable as they come from the provider itself.

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Andre

I went with TekSavvy in the beginning because of the price and feedback I saw from other peoples post. Oh, and tired of my dad always lagging me so I decided to get my own internet. That was my main purpose.

BTW the deal is for 8 years, not 8 months. My dad was with rogers in 2003 to 2007 than switched to CyberSurf(3web) he told me that rogers always tried to take any money from him when they can so I'm choosing to stick it out and wait for 35/3 when its available in my area.

The sales man did not know what he was talking about at all when it came to modems and routers, lol. I am 21 years old and know more than the sales man XD... I'm pretty sure rogers just wrote him a script and he has to tell it to everyone in my neighborhood who isn't on Rogers.

EDIT-

Btw my dad would have joined TekSavvy by now, since the internet is more stable than distributel's. Every time someone hangs up the phone the internet would restart which is extremely annoying, or while someones talking on the phone the internet lags like crazy.

The only reason he hasn't left distributel is because if he does he will lose all his emails and friends who know that email won't be able to contact him anymore.

It's not possible to transfer from 1 ISP to another and keep the email is it?

cybersaga

join:2011-12-19
Welland, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by mikee:

It's not possible to transfer from 1 ISP to another and keep the email is it?

That's why I've never used an email address from an ISP.

Most ISPs will leave your email account active for a while after you switch. He could just set it up to forward all email to the account he does actually use. He could even setup that forwarding now (before switching ISPs) and begin the process of notifying everyone of his email address change and still get emails from the old one.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to mikee

Some ISPs may have an option to keep your email active for a small fee.

And yes, sorry, I also meant 8 years...

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:12
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to yyzlhr

Sorry, but I was with Rogers for 10 years including cellphone for a few and there was any and every excuse given to increase fees or decrease service.

Put simply, like many here, I simply don't trust them - just like I don't trust Bell.

As it is they are trying very hard to take away any benefit to being with a TPIA by ensuring that the TPIA has a hard job charging less than Rogers. For that, I'd stay away from them out of spite!

Then they do everything they can to ensure that upgrades to TPIA services are as slow as mollasses in January, and problems with TPIA customers lines are dismissed unrepaired with even more regularity than they already do their own!

They are simply a company that it's hard to trust.