spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Bioshock Infinite

Coming out in less than a week... and I'm excited.

Here's a great interview with Ken Levine:
»www.gamespot.com/bioshoc ··· llTheInd

Looks like 2K is a good publisher to work for!
Duplex
join:2009-08-17
Bossier City, LA

Duplex

All of the preorder freebies on Steam have been unlocked. If you buy the preorder you get the original Bioshock, some TF2 items, and a copy of XCOM.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Thinking about getting a copy from gamestop a few days after release.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Duplex

Premium Member

to Duplex
said by Duplex:

All of the preorder freebies on Steam have been unlocked. If you buy the preorder you get the original Bioshock, some TF2 items, and a copy of XCOM.

Damn it. I have to preorder it now. I am not crazy about preordering a game unless I've really researched it and seen gameplay vids but that makes it worth it for me. I'm not a huge RTS guy but I've been wanting to try XCom. I just didn't want to pay much for it.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

2 recommendations

ekster to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
If anyone wants to pre-order it, I suggest you get it from GMG.

»www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

$14 cash back or $15 GMG credit, plus Bioshock, XCom and an extra game of your choice...

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Canadians are the best

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

And if anyone knows of any similar good deals elsewhere, put it up! I'm tempted to pre-order it... but my only problem with GMG's and Steam's offers are that I already own Bioshock 1 and played Xcom and am not interested in it. :\

So far, Gamersgate is the best for me, I think, with $18 in Gamersgate credit... but it feels so weak compared to the rest of the offers...

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to TigerLord

MVM

to TigerLord
I don't know about this game. I really enjoyed the first two Bioshock games, but this one is just a little weird looking when I watch the trailer and gameplay samples. I am going to wait for the reviews before I buy this game.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I was also interested in XCOM.

Has anyone played it? Is there multiplayer?

TBH, I didnt really care for the first Bioshock, Im not really big into story driven FPS' anymore, run and gun doesnt excite me in SP these days.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Half the people I know loved XCOM... the other half, me included, hated it. There is multiplayer, but I never tried it.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Half the people I know loved XCOM... the other half, me included, hated it. There is multiplayer, but I never tried it.

Well, that leaves me in a bit of a pickle. What didnt you like about it?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

No idea how much got fixed or if anything got patched these days... but the gist of it is here

»Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

TL;DR version though is it was buggy and watered down.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

I was really hoping for a modern version of the old Xcom game. I spent hours playing that and I have it on Steam now. Well worth firing up every now and again. This new version I have only played the demo and I wasn't impressed. My brother loves this game though. I am going to have to watch him play it sometime.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

If anyone wants to pre-order it, I suggest you get it from GMG.

»www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

$14 cash back or $15 GMG credit, plus Bioshock, XCom and an extra game of your choice...

Got it man, helluva deal, thanks for the heads up. I got the Civ 5 bundle because I've seen lots of peeps here talk about it. I've never been an RTS gamer but it's been a lack of experience more than a dislike of the genre. Free seems like a good time to jump in.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Amazon is offering their version of a "bundle" as well.

Customers who pre-order the digital download of "BioShock Infinite" will receive a digital download of "XCOM: Enemy Unknown" for free. Pre-order customers will also receive a $30 credit to use on 2K Games downloads, a free copy of "BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt" for Kindle, and the "Industrial Revolution Pack".

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet to ekster

to ekster
GamersGate has a slightly better deal:

»www.gamersgate.com/DD-BI ··· infinite

Same bundled games as GMG but $17.98 in credit.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
As long as it's not part of EA, I'll buy it in the future.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

IGN released their review early and gave it a 9.4/10.0. Don't have my laptop with me, so I cannot post it here for you, unfortunately.

As for X-Com, (I played in on 360, so my experience may vary) I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game. It was not very buggy for me (every game has one or two) and it streamlined much of the gameplay from the original to make it more fun. Yes, I played both the original and Terror from the Deep back in the day, so I do have a good comparison.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by Goggalor:

IGN released their review early and gave it a 9.4/10.0. Don't have my laptop with me, so I cannot post it here for you, unfortunately.

As for X-Com, (I played in on 360, so my experience may vary) I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game. It was not very buggy for me (every game has one or two) and it streamlined much of the gameplay from the original to make it more fun. Yes, I played both the original and Terror from the Deep back in the day, so I do have a good comparison.

»www.metacritic.com/game/ ··· infinite
said by IGN :

The PC version, as run on mid-range hardware, makes no such visual compromises, with gorgeous high-resolution textures, detailed faces, and smooth performance...A brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward with innovations in both storytelling and gameplay.

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet

said by stet:

GamersGate has a slightly better deal:

»www.gamersgate.com/DD-BI ··· infinite

Same bundled games as GMG but $17.98 in credit.

Just a follow up on this one. You not only get the bonus $17.98 in store credit (they call them "Blue Coins") but you also get a small additional bonus for pre-ordering as well as their standard 5% back in store credit for the purchase itself. So all of these combined store credits were enough for me to also pre-order the Bioshock Infinite season pass for all the upcoming DLC.

So for $60 I ended up getting Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite (plus the DLC season pass), and XCOM UE. So far I think this is the best deal out there.

The Steam keys for all of them (Bioshock Infinite is a pre-load) were available within 10 minutes of the order.