spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

eeyore_cm

join:2013-03-20

[DSL] DSL Upgrade - This is Ridiculous!

Ok, So I the new rates rolled out today and I just called in to upgrade. FTTN is finally available on my street. Has been rolling out slowly over last few months, first 15/10 and now 25/10. Yay...perfect you say, it's all come together, new prices faster speeds. NOT!

According to the Bell site I'm not eligible for anything better than 6/.8, really? How come both houses on each side of me can? Aren't we all serviced from the same street level box? Isn't that box in my front yard? Aren't we all the same distance from the VDSL remote just down the road? How come any other address on the street seems to indicate that 25/10 and Fibe TV are available on this street, except me?

I knew that bell had my house pigeon holed back to the stone ages of DSL and I have been on the phone both with Bell and with TSI. Bell is less than helpful, "Sorry Sir that's just the way it is, perhaps if you were a Bell customer maybe we could help you." Usual Bell BS. TSI on the other hand only slightly better. "Well, we can just go ahead and put the order in and see what happens." That's likely to be just the usual waste of time.

So how come when I called in this afternoon to "just go ahead and put the order in", I get told oh we can't do that bell says your not qualified to get that level of service?

I have tried to get this issue resolved for the better part of the last five months and I have gotten no where. After pushing today I get "Well we will put in a manual request to see if Bell can put you on this service" What BS is this. If that is what has to be done why wasn't it done 5 months ago when I pointed out that Bell's website wasn't accurate. I'm pretty sure it's not. If my neighbours are all eligible for better service than I should be too. Period!

I almost left TSI two weeks ago, to go to Rogers because I wanted faster upload, I had the order all ready set and the install date booked. I wasn't waiting around for TSI to move to the new aggregated links, and I didn't know at the time that my area should come online next week. At the time 25/10 wasn't showing as an option on my street either, but the day after the new pricing options were tabled guess what becomes available...25/10. I really wanted/needed the 10 up so I canceled Rogers and decided to wait for the official DSL price changes.

And here we are...ever so frustrated! All I want is what my neighbours can get. Is that so hard. Yes I realize TSI is at the mercy of whatever Bell says, but why couldn't this have been dealt with before when I started questioning what level of service was available at my address in comparison to the house next door?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
not cool!

lets see if we can double check on this stuff. if it's physically not possible for some reason.. that would suck. but if it's possible.. lets try to find out how to make it work!
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

eeyore_cm

That's only what I've been trying to do for the last five months. Just sucks that you have to resort to an open forum to get someone to notice.

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
reply to eeyore_cm
Hey eeyore_cm

Yes we should have tried to push this 5 months ago. We have a portal and we send the requests through, at times the DB is not always up to date and we have to push is for manual verification. We definitely should have caught this sooner.

We will be in contact with you soon to discuss. Sorry about the frustration.
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

eeyore_cm

Perhaps... but nobody bothered to give me any other options, other than just try and upgrade either. So how I was I supposed to know what to do. I am nearly positive Bell database is wrong has been ever since they started rolling out the 7/1 10/1 and so on in my neighbourhood. Trust me I've been following it anticipating when I could upgrade.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Hi Eeyore_cm,

I hear you. Would should have provided a little more detail of information here. Someone should be in contact with you shortly to push that through and take it to the next step.

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to eeyore_cm
we've got ya. should get a call shortly... we'll push it through and see what happens.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

eeyore_cm

reply to TSI Andre
Appreciated. Thank you.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Most welcome.

Devan should be calling you when her current call is done

eeyore_cm

Order placed. Fingers crossed. Thanks for poking your nose in.

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
said by eeyore_cm:

Order placed. Fingers crossed. Thanks for poking your nose in.

great, sorry we didn't catch this sooner...
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

eeyore_cm

reply to eeyore_cm
So I get the call today... "Bell says you can only get 6Meg service"

What!?

Come on! I don't get it. It sounds like all they did was regurgitate what their qualification tools spits out. Did anyone over there at Bell actually get off their asses and physically look into this or just type my address into the database and say nope sorry can't do it.

If there is a valid reason, that my house in the middle of everyone else who can get faster speeds, should not be eligible than can someone please tell me? I must be really be missing something in how this all works.

eeyore_cm

reply to eeyore_cm
So another call and supposedly there is no fibre left in the area?

CityLights

join:2009-01-09
Barrie, ON
reply to eeyore_cm
If bell says there is no fiber left for your street while being a Taksavvy cust, try to see if there's fiber available if you where to sign up as a Bell customer. Betcha there is! ..and bell is just playing dirty tricks and should be reported to the CRTC

eeyore_cm

Just tried that. Cause I thought the same thing, have for a while. Looks like they just removed 25/10 from the bell website for all of my neighbours. Have just finished chatting online pretending to be my neighbour and they say 15/10 is available as max speed. Pushed the agent and they basically said it would be 16/1.6. Isn't that about the max for ADSL? So maybe there is no more fibe/VDSL. I can eat Crow over that, but it still doesn't explain why they will show even that level of service when mine still says 5M.

Fubar'd on DSL guess I will wait till next week once Guelph make the switch to aggregated cable and switch to 45/4 even though I really wanted 10 up. It is going to take for ever to backup to Crashplan now.

jmcneill

join:2010-04-06
Canada
Something like this happened to me today. Bell web site has shown 50/10 service available here for a while, Teksavvy web site shows 25/10. Posted on direct forum yesterday to verify that I could get 50/10, TSI confirmed it. Called Teksavvy a few minutes ago to order, I'm told that it now says I can only get 7/1! Checked bell.ca and it's only showing 5/1 now.

eeyore_cm

Gotta love Bell. Just one of the many reason I left them as a direct provider years ago. When they fix something they make it worse then when you started.

The only reason I got TSI to push my upgrade order through was because we all checked the Bell site and it did say that 25/10 was available (well at least to everyone else). Now It's been downgraded for everyone else and I'm still stuck in the stone ages.

eeyore_cm

reply to eeyore_cm
Okay so I had mentioned in another post that I had masqueraded online with Bell as my neighbour to see what service they would be offered. At the time Bell had changed the website qualification to show that they could only get 15/10. (it had been 25/10).

After having been told by TSI that Bell said there was no more Fibre capacity in my area the Bell agent was more than happy to sell me 15/10. Now I know it was likely only ADSL2, but still they seemed quite willing to give me the service.

Today Bell yet again changed there website to show everyone else on the street as getting 25/10. So i chatted online again once again posing as my neighbour and here is an excerpt of that chat.

Hope: Hello, thanks for visiting bell.ca. How can I help you today?
You: Was trying to verify sercice availability for internet. The website keeps changing as to what I qualify for. I chatted with someone the other day thinking I could get 25/10 when in fact the website had changed to show only 15/10. But now it shows 25/10 again.
Hope: Let me check that now.
Hope: May I know the services you have with Bell at present?
You: My nextdoor neighbours address goes here.
Hope: Thank you for the information. Could you please wait for a few minutes while I check the service availability at your location?
You: K
Hope: Thank you
Hope: Thank you for waiting.
Hope: I have great news for you! Bell Internet 25/10 service is available at your location.
Hope: May I know the services you have with Bell at present?
You: Okay so I have a question then.
Hope: Okay!
You: Is this a gurantee that 25/10 fibe is available? I have to ask because my neighbour has been trying to get 25/10 though his third party provider who is wholeasling your service. He told me that he apparently can't get it because there is no more capacity left for Fibe in our neighbourhood. I just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get service only to be told later that I can't.
Hope: You can get that indeed.

What gives? I still show 5/.8 service no better.

jmcneill

Canada
This might sound silly but try clearing your browser cache. I was stuck showing 5/1 all weekend. I checked my neighbours this morning, they were all coming up 50/10, so I tried my own address on a different PC -- sure enough, 50/10 now available! Did a "Reset Safari" on my Mac and tried again, and it worked again.

eeyore_cm

I will try, but this is over three different computers and the one at work here I clear the cache automatically at close. Snoopy I.T. guys... if only they realized how many ways they leave open to get to the internet...

eeyore_cm

Nope no luck. Even tried different browser. This is a Bell issue.

jmcneill

Canada
Worth a shot. Hopefully it will work itself out over the next couple of days like it did for me.

eeyore_cm

It's not likely to. I haven't been able to get anyone at bell to even listen about DB errors, and TSI says they are at the mercy of whatever Bell tells them. It'll likely be years down the road when everyone else gets 175/175 but I'll still be rolling along at 5/.8 cause Bell says I can't get anything faster.

BTC Kevin

join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON
kudos:1
reply to eeyore_cm
the address you tested of neighbors, may have 5/1 or more bell service which is FTTN. so qualify for all the FTTN plans.

A better test might be find a neighbor on your remote, that is using rogers internet+tv. and see if Bell will offer FTTN to them. If bell does, that means they have a free port.

Kinda sounds like a situation like: 49 houses on street. Bell installed 48 7330 lines. and left you on a GAS. Which totally sucks and isn't really fair.

Also I've had similar issue before at my address.

I tried to sign up to a 3rd party gas service and bell couldn't even deliver that. Then talked to bell and agreed to install 25/10 if I went with them if they installed it. So I signed up with no contract term.

Once installed and working for a while. I later placed order with 3rd parties. And dropped Bell, they couldn't claim service not available.

eeyore_cm

The neighbour I used is on Rogers. I don't know what the guys on the other side of me are on.

I did see that solution in another post about signing up for service with Bell. But I can't even get Bell to agree that I should be able to get faster service.

zacsaunders

join:2012-05-12
If you have not already done so contact Bell Darryl on the direct bell forum, I had the exact same issue and he fixed it within a week (the tool only showed the lowest package and now shows all of the newer ones).

eeyore_cm

Great, will give that a go. Thanks for the tip.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to zacsaunders
said by zacsaunders:

If you have not already done so contact Bell Darryl on the direct bell forum, I had the exact same issue and he fixed it within a week (the tool only showed the lowest package and now shows all of the newer ones).

Tempted to contact that Bell rep as well now, the one that answered me was not him. But my situation is different. The two addresses adjacent to me are single dwellings where as I am in 18 unit complex. I get the felling FTTN past 10/1 really isn't available period for me.

eeyore_cm

Yup, well sent an IM already. If this works going to be both really happy and equally pissed at the same time.