uniqs
share rss forum feed

OverrRyde

join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Sears days?

Hey guys! Great news! we finally found a house (if you remember previous post of mine) and now it's time to spend spend spend......

Does anyone know when Sears Days are? I have a vague memory that Sears days come maybe once or twice a year and have savings on appliances.

The reason we are looking for Sears is from previous purchases from them, so loyalty factor. But does anyone else recommend other stores in the Burlington/Hamilton area? I was looking at Goemans, Badboy, Brick but it's hard to compare prices as they either don't have the same model or they have a similar model with a slightly different model #!

One more thing! Has anyone dealt with Brick commercial sales? We got a "voucher" or an invite from our Realty office to get to speak with a commercial sales rep at our local brick. they claim you get to have same discounts are builders do, but from what i recall, markup from builders is high, so hard to know what to expect!

Thanks peeps!

Bender2000
Bite My Shiny Metal Ass
Premium
join:2002-05-06
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC

last year it was April 14 to April 29. I imagine it would be similar this year.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to OverrRyde

said by OverrRyde:

The reason we are looking for Sears is from previous purchases from them, so loyalty factor. But does anyone else recommend other stores in the Burlington/Hamilton area? I was looking at Goemans, Badboy, Brick but it's hard to compare prices as they either don't have the same model or they have a similar model with a slightly different model #!

Appliances are difficult to comparison shop for that exact reason.

You can usually compare based on brand family (i.e. Maytag, Whirlpool, and Kenmore are generally the same) and features, just not on model number.

I believe that Sears may have opened a Corbeil Appliances store in Burlington recently - they're owned by Sears Canada but operated separately out of Quebec. I've never had any personal experience with them, but I know a few people in Ottawa that have been very happy with the service they received.

OverrRyde

Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by corster:

said by OverrRyde:

Appliances are difficult to comparison shop for that exact reason.

You can usually compare based on brand family (i.e. Maytag, Whirlpool, and Kenmore are generally the same) and features, just not on model number.

I believe that Sears may have opened a Corbeil Appliances store in Burlington recently - they're owned by Sears Canada but operated separately out of Quebec. I've never had any personal experience with them, but I know a few people in Ottawa that have been very happy with the service they received.

This is true, i forgot about Corbeil. Just opened this past fall i believe. Ill check out their website too.

I hear Sears Days are pretty good when it comes to savings so were hoping to be able to save a bundle since were buying everything: stove, dishwasher, fridge, microwave and w&d

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to OverrRyde

my relatives have recently had some poor service from Sears...the only people who still shop there are old people, and since they are now pissing them off, it won't be long before they fold too.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by dirtyjeffer:

my relatives have recently had some poor service from Sears...the only people who still shop there are old people, and since they are now pissing them off, it won't be long before they fold too.

That hopefully was a one off. I generally still shop at Sears for things like major appliances simply because the salespeople there don't hound you, will explain to you the differences between models (and actually know what they are talking about) and be competitive on price (not the lowest though)

The Kenmore dishwasher I bought from them two years ago now is still going strong.

NefCanuck

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
reply to OverrRyde

For appliances, Wisebuy (they're in Burlington and Stoney Creek) has some great deals. Everything is 'as is' but our dishwasher was pristine. And until recently they had a Groupon for even deeper discounts (I think it might still be active). We were quite impressed.

OverrRyde

Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to OverrRyde

Hmm looking at wisebuy, seems to be a bit like Goemans. Will probably be going to check them out in Stoney Creek, there's no Burlington store, the other one is in Etobicoke.

But thanks for the link, seems good

As far as Sears is concerned, i also hope that was a one off, because we have recently bought a bed from them and service was impeccable, all the way down to the after-service. The box spring cracked and they didn't ask any questions, came in, brought a new one and took the old one, so we have a good experience so far. Sales people were also very good as mentioned above. No hound and hassle. Compare that to our BadBoy experience... oh boy!

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

said by OverrRyde:

Hmm looking at wisebuy, seems to be a bit like Goemans. Will probably be going to check them out in Stoney Creek, there's no Burlington store, the other one is in Etobicoke.

That's odd. My friend who told me about them told me she went to their Burlington location (and she definitely didn't say Etobicoke). Hmm... Anyways, I can confirm a Stoney Creek location.