andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to Armadillo

Re: NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013

said by Armadillo:

I noticed that the prices for DSL 10 and 15 with 300 GB cap are the same. Why is that?

Only available in QC I think so 15 maybe different there

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to SimplePanda

said by SimplePanda:

I don't think they officially say but i'd bet it's based on demographics and capacity. Specifically, if they think making the hardware and cabling investment will pay off sooner than later they upgrade the area sooner than later.

They're supposedly going gangbusters with Fibe TV deployments this summer, which in turn means faster DSL. We'll have to wait and see if the market chatter is true or not.

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Glad to just find out 20 I will have!

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

said by tristen1230:

Glad to just find out 20 I will have!

+1
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

m83

join:2006-02-06
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I'm interested in the new DSL15 and DSL15+ packages.

I currently get DSL6 and a home phone package from Teksavvy. Without supplying any info other than wanting to upgrade from DSL6 to DSL15+ I am being told there is a dry loop fee.

What's a dry loop? Is it required for all the new DSL packages above DSL6?

dchdrake
Premium
join:2005-04-29
Windsor, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

I was looking at the cable rates for Ontario, Cogeco areas. Except for Cable 60, the overage charge is "Overage on all packages that are not unlimited will be charged at $0.50/GB to a maximum of $50/month."

In the DSLR thread about new cable rates for Cogeco areas, you stated that "On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am".
Did that change?

Thanks.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to roawoo

said by roawoo:

said by TSI Pierre:

said by roawoo:

50/10 wasn't offered,
Arranged on 4/1. Didn't know technicians work on easter monday?
or am I screwed

If you ant 50/10 let's double check, we have seen a few people with qualification errors.

Easter Monday the Bell Tech's are installing

M4S 3H8
2191 Yonge Street. It's a minto condo.
Bell site says up to 25/10 max.
I did mention override to 50/10 since it's already vdsl2 profile and I'd be happy with it as long as down hovers above 35ish but that was no go. Thanks

You are within pissing distance of the Bell CO at 80 Eglinton Av. East.

ry29

join:2010-05-12
reply to TSI Marc

I'm waiting until the option to purchase a modem is available. Dryloop+Modem is too much of a hit to justify switching from 28/1, even though I really want 10Mbps upload

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to m83

If you have a home phone you don't pay the Dry Loop. Dry Loop is only for DSL connections that don't have a home phone.
--
Chief Operating Officer

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to m83

said by m83:

What's a dry loop? Is it required for all the new DSL packages above DSL6?

A dry loop is required if you don't have a home phone line basically . You don't need one . Perhaps you are confusing that with another fee ?

m83

join:2006-02-06
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Pierre

TSI Pierre,

Thanks for the reply and clarification!

Is the DSL15+ modem rental fee required even for customers who bought a SpeedTouch 516 from Teksaavy? I purchased one in July 2011. Or is a different modem required?

Crowbar1,

I don't believe I am confusing it with another fee. I inquired in the Teksavvy Direct forum about the fees for upgrading from DSL6 to DSL15+. Aside from the activation fee and $8 modem rental, a dry loop fee was cited.

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON

said by m83:

TSI Pierre,

Thanks for the reply and clarification!

Is the DSL15+ modem rental fee required even for customers who bought a SpeedTouch 516 from Teksaavy? I purchased one in July 2011. Or is a different modem required?

NP..

Yes it is at the moment as it's another modem required for the high upload speed. There will be an option to purchase in the near future.
--
Chief Operating Officer

Dcite

join:2006-05-12
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

The new 15/10 rate is making me consider this seriously.

So how would I about moving from 6/0.8 with "The company which I must not name" to this 15/10 on Teksavvy and how long would it take?

(There is nothing wrong with "The company which I must not name", but the home's simultaneous use has increased and this price along with usage is just too attractive)

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to dchdrake

said by dchdrake:

In the DSLR thread about new cable rates for Cogeco areas, you stated that "On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am".
Did that change?

Thanks.

Nope that is correct, we need to update the website. Sorry about the confusion.
--
Chief Operating Officer

Beavis88

@shawcable.net
reply to TSI Marc

Rates for Shaw look good.. Any ETA on when edmonton/Sherwood Park will go live for cable sign ups?

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Dcite

said by Dcite:

The new 15/10 rate is making me consider this seriously.

So how would I about moving from 6/0.8 with "The company which I must not name" to this 15/10 on Teksavvy and how long would it take?

(There is nothing wrong with "The company which I must not name", but the home's simultaneous use has increased and this price along with usage is just too attractive)

I would suggest you call us and we can look at setting you up or alternatively you can also sign up on our website. Typically it would take 5 bus days.
--
Chief Operating Officer

wally_walrus

join:2009-10-07
Orleans, ON
reply to wally_walrus

said by wally_walrus:

said by DrZEUS:

whats the fastest way I can get my new rate of $32.95 for 15/1? I am currently signed up for 16/1 paying $44.95.

+1! Also I have a few discounts applied to my account, will these continue on with the new rate?

No answer to my question?

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON

said by wally_walrus:

said by wally_walrus:

said by DrZEUS:

whats the fastest way I can get my new rate of $32.95 for 15/1? I am currently signed up for 16/1 paying $44.95.

+1! Also I have a few discounts applied to my account, will these continue on with the new rate?

No answer to my question?

Depends on the type of discount you have? If you want to PM me I can look into this further for you.
--
Chief Operating Officer

zeroreality

join:2013-03-18
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Dammit TSI!

I signed up on Monday (two days ago), what are the chances I can get the new rates ($33/mo instead of $47/mo) including the new install/setup fee ($25 instead of $95)?

My services aren't even hooked up yet.

bbwarrior

join:2005-12-12
Saint-Laurent, QC

said by zeroreality:

Dammit TSI!

I signed up on Monday (two days ago), what are the chances I can get the new rates ($33/mo instead of $47/mo) including the new install/setup fee ($25 instead of $95)?

My services aren't even hooked up yet.

epic fail, I'm sure they'll work something out.

roawoo

join:2013-03-13
Toronto, ON
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

You are within pissing distance of the Bell CO at 80 Eglinton Av. East.

Yes, it is ridiculous they don't service 50/10 to my building. I did eventually request an override via teksavvy though
I remember getting lost calls living across telus downtown hq while on telus >.>

gobnaitt

join:2012-02-03
reply to zeroreality

What is happening with the grandfathered speeds? My parents are still on 640! Marc mentioned everyone should be off of those speeds?
Is there a plan?

danf

join:2005-11-10
Abbotsford, BC
reply to TSI Marc

I just looked at the Telus prices on the website and they're exactly the same?

Or were they not up yet?

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
reply to gobnaitt

I may be wrong but I though I heard there was no grandfathering.

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Acanac
reply to InvalidError

said by InvalidError:

Humm, Quebec rates for 15/10 are $7/month higher than Ontario's even though there is no distinction between QC and ON in tariff rates.

yes, this bothers me too! Ontario pays less on pretty much every offering for dsl.

Walter Dnes

join:2008-01-27
Thornhill, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Re; the "unlimited usage between 2am and 8am"...

•Is it Standard Time or does it "spring forward" and "fall back"? with DST?
•If it does flip-flop, what happens on the changeover dates?

Sanek

join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Curious - Teksavvy, Bell and Start all say that I can get the 25/10 plan, however if I click on more info on the Start site, it tells me that it will actually be more like 25/3.

Anyone have any idea how its estimating that and whether that's more or less accurate. Was thinking of getting the new 25/10 plan from Teksavvy (why is the TSI website not telling me that its 25/3?), but if its actually a 25/3 connection then I'd rather stick with cable.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Sanek:

Curious - Teksavvy, Bell and Start all say that I can get the 25/10 plan, however if I click on more info on the Start site, it tells me that it will actually be more like 25/3.

Anyone have any idea how its estimating that and whether that's more or less accurate. Was thinking of getting the new 25/10 plan from Teksavvy (why is the TSI website not telling me that its 25/3?), but if its actually a 25/3 connection then I'd rather stick with cable.

Because it's an up to situation, not eve Bell guarantees 10 up, they say anywhere room 800kbps to 10Mbps. Start added that feature to their qualifier. TSI could I guess add it but from what I've seen lowest anyone is getting is 7 up.

ShetiPhian

join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON
reply to tristen1230

said by tristen1230:

So I signed up for 14 but in my area it only says 10 for Cogeco. Will I have to drop or can it be 14 or should I say 20 now?

--From Cogeco Tech--
The Belleville area is one of Cogeco's special areas, the 20mbps plan will function as a 14mbps plan until the area is upgraded to full D3.
D3 roll out for Belleville is November.
----------------------

Unless TSI automatically bumps down to 10 (or you change to it), you'll be on the 20 package receiving 14 until sometime in November.

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON

said by ShetiPhian:

said by tristen1230:

So I signed up for 14 but in my area it only says 10 for Cogeco. Will I have to drop or can it be 14 or should I say 20 now?

--From Cogeco Tech--
The Belleville area is one of Cogeco's special areas, the 20mbps plan will function as a 14mbps plan until the area is upgraded to full D3.
D3 roll out for Belleville is November.
----------------------

Unless TSI automatically bumps down to 10 (or you change to it), you'll be on the 20 package receiving 14 until sometime in November.

Correct, we are not bumping down, we are bumping up from 14 to 20.
--
Chief Operating Officer