uniqs
roawoo
join:2013-03-13
Toronto, ON

roawoo to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs

Re: NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013

said by MaynardKrebs:

You are within pissing distance of the Bell CO at 80 Eglinton Av. East.

Yes, it is ridiculous they don't service 50/10 to my building. I did eventually request an override via teksavvy though
I remember getting lost calls living across telus downtown hq while on telus >.>
gob919
join:2012-02-03
Canada

gob919 to zeroreality

to zeroreality
What is happening with the grandfathered speeds? My parents are still on 640! Marc mentioned everyone should be off of those speeds?
Is there a plan?

danf
join:2005-11-10
Abbotsford, BC

danf to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I just looked at the Telus prices on the website and they're exactly the same?

Or were they not up yet?

tristen1230
join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON

tristen1230 to gob919

to gob919
I may be wrong but I though I heard there was no grandfathering.
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

donkey77 to InvalidError

to InvalidError
said by InvalidError:

Humm, Quebec rates for 15/10 are $7/month higher than Ontario's even though there is no distinction between QC and ON in tariff rates.

yes, this bothers me too! Ontario pays less on pretty much every offering for dsl.
Walter Dnes
join:2008-01-27
Thornhill, ON

Walter Dnes to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Re; the "unlimited usage between 2am and 8am"...

•Is it Standard Time or does it "spring forward" and "fall back"? with DST?
•If it does flip-flop, what happens on the changeover dates?
Sanek
join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON

Sanek to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Curious - Teksavvy, Bell and Start all say that I can get the 25/10 plan, however if I click on more info on the Start site, it tells me that it will actually be more like 25/3.

Anyone have any idea how its estimating that and whether that's more or less accurate. Was thinking of getting the new 25/10 plan from Teksavvy (why is the TSI website not telling me that its 25/3?), but if its actually a 25/3 connection then I'd rather stick with cable.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by Sanek:

Curious - Teksavvy, Bell and Start all say that I can get the 25/10 plan, however if I click on more info on the Start site, it tells me that it will actually be more like 25/3.

Anyone have any idea how its estimating that and whether that's more or less accurate. Was thinking of getting the new 25/10 plan from Teksavvy (why is the TSI website not telling me that its 25/3?), but if its actually a 25/3 connection then I'd rather stick with cable.

Because it's an up to situation, not eve Bell guarantees 10 up, they say anywhere room 800kbps to 10Mbps. Start added that feature to their qualifier. TSI could I guess add it but from what I've seen lowest anyone is getting is 7 up.
ShetiPhian
join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON

ShetiPhian to tristen1230

to tristen1230
said by tristen1230:

So I signed up for 14 but in my area it only says 10 for Cogeco. Will I have to drop or can it be 14 or should I say 20 now?

--From Cogeco Tech--
The Belleville area is one of Cogeco's special areas, the 20mbps plan will function as a 14mbps plan until the area is upgraded to full D3.
D3 roll out for Belleville is November.
----------------------

Unless TSI automatically bumps down to 10 (or you change to it), you'll be on the 20 package receiving 14 until sometime in November.

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

said by ShetiPhian:

said by tristen1230:

So I signed up for 14 but in my area it only says 10 for Cogeco. Will I have to drop or can it be 14 or should I say 20 now?

--From Cogeco Tech--
The Belleville area is one of Cogeco's special areas, the 20mbps plan will function as a 14mbps plan until the area is upgraded to full D3.
D3 roll out for Belleville is November.
----------------------

Unless TSI automatically bumps down to 10 (or you change to it), you'll be on the 20 package receiving 14 until sometime in November.

Correct, we are not bumping down, we are bumping up from 14 to 20.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc, as per the website the Bell 15+ (15/10) requires a regular ADSL2+ modem and not the VDSL Sagemcom one ... Can you pls confirm if this is correct?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Montreal DSL:

Marc, as per the website the Bell 15+ (15/10) requires a regular ADSL2+ modem and not the VDSL Sagemcom one ... Can you pls confirm if this is correct?

no, that's wrong. it needs to be corrected.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL

Thanks... Also, you do keep the 10M DSL profile, right?
RuralOtt
join:2004-12-07
K2G

RuralOtt to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Just got off the phone with the order rep. Moving from 6M to FTTN 15/1. The set up fee is $50. I asked about the $25 discount but she doesn't know anything about it. I also lost the group discount ($2) and the static IP discount ($1). Just a heads-up.
jerrycan1
join:2010-11-05
Waterloo, ON

jerrycan1

They kept the referrals discount though...

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS to TSI Pierre

to TSI Pierre
said by TSI Pierre:

Depends on the type of discount you have? If you want to PM me I can look into this further for you.

PM sent. Thanks.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Montreal DSL

Premium Member

to Montreal DSL
yep. in the end.. figured it would just cause more problems to remove it than to keep it. plus the unlimited has a bit of savings.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to DrZEUS

Premium Member

to DrZEUS
I just PM'ed you
funny0
join:2010-12-22

1 edit

funny0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
starting form 26.99 is all i can see

GONE is the page of REAL knowledge that i can see what real change i have or do not have...
COME ON this needs ot get changed your beginning to look like a BELL CLONE....

so i have unlimited, static line , class B dry loop,whats the cost ?
and ill add before you just quote me a price tell me thus everyone how i see this.....on your price page....WITHOUT posting my postal code, which i see no reason too as i already am your customer.

back to star trek online.....hrm maintenance there OH NOOOO...lol

waves to andre and marc , would i just check that myaccount thingy?

and i cant access the myworld area, not only is password wrong but my username dont exist.
email still works....

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

/wave back at you

This is what it will be:

6Mbps Unlimited = $39.99
Static IP = $4.00
Band B = $9.10
Taxes = $6.90
Toatl Monthly = $59.99

Get TekTalk according to this Post (»[TekTalk] NEW TekTalk PROMO - Digital Home Phone) and Band B disappears
da_guy2
join:2003-06-10
Kanata, ON

da_guy2

said by TSI Andre:

Get TekTalk according to this Post (»[TekTalk] NEW TekTalk PROMO - Digital Home Phone) and Band B disappears

Any tektalk or tektalk unlimited?
penguin318
join:2008-07-23
Smiths Falls, ON

penguin318 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
When do the price changes take affect for cogeco beta testers? I believe my bill date is tomorrow and I will need to change my plan before I am billed a rate that is $40 more a month than when I singed up last month

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to da_guy2

Premium Member

to da_guy2
Unlimited (has reduced rate = $22.95)
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

/wave back at you

This is what it will be:

6Mbps Unlimited = $39.99
Static IP = $4.00
Band B = $9.10
Taxes = $6.90
Toatl Monthly = $59.99

thanks again andre nothing changed GOOD stuff

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Marc

MVM

to TSI Marc
Saw Bell's database is updated (bell.ca now shows me qualifying for 50 meg), so I just put in my request to TSI for the speed bump to 50 meg

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

Saw Bell's database is updated (bell.ca now shows me qualifying for 50 meg), so I just put in my request to TSI for the speed bump to 50 meg

k good stuff.

our systems are updating as well.. seems Bell recently updated their DB and it created a mismatch.. we added more threads to the systems probing yesterday.

if you check our site, does it now say 50 yet?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Marc

MVM

to TSI Marc
TSI site (search by postal code): 25 meg
Bell site (search by dry loop TN): 50 meg

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

TSI site (search by postal code): 25 meg
Bell site (search by dry loop TN): 50 meg

k. lets see how many days it takes to catch the new speed. it should fix itself over time.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Marc

MVM

to TSI Marc
If Bell only updated the qualification for my specific number, though, would that affect the entire postal code? Bell's site lets you search by phone number to target a specific line, but the TSI site only lets you search by neighbourhood (postal code).

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

ah right. yeah. good question. i dont know.