uniqs
share rss forum feed

da_guy2

join:2003-06-10
Kanata, ON
reply to TSI Andre

Re: NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013

said by TSI Andre:

Get TekTalk according to this Post (»[TekTalk] NEW TekTalk PROMO - Digital Home Phone) and Band B disappears

Any tektalk or tektalk unlimited?

penguin318

join:2008-07-23
Smiths Falls, ON
reply to TSI Marc

When do the price changes take affect for cogeco beta testers? I believe my bill date is tomorrow and I will need to change my plan before I am billed a rate that is $40 more a month than when I singed up last month

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to da_guy2

Unlimited (has reduced rate = $22.95)

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

/wave back at you

This is what it will be:

6Mbps Unlimited = $39.99
Static IP = $4.00
Band B = $9.10
Taxes = $6.90
Toatl Monthly = $59.99

Get TekTalk according to this Post (»[TekTalk] NEW TekTalk PROMO - Digital Home Phone) and Band B disappears

thanks again andre nothing changed GOOD stuff

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

Saw Bell's database is updated (bell.ca now shows me qualifying for 50 meg), so I just put in my request to TSI for the speed bump to 50 meg
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

said by Guspaz:

Saw Bell's database is updated (bell.ca now shows me qualifying for 50 meg), so I just put in my request to TSI for the speed bump to 50 meg

k good stuff.

our systems are updating as well.. seems Bell recently updated their DB and it created a mismatch.. we added more threads to the systems probing yesterday.

if you check our site, does it now say 50 yet?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

TSI site (search by postal code): 25 meg
Bell site (search by dry loop TN): 50 meg
--

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by Guspaz:

TSI site (search by postal code): 25 meg
Bell site (search by dry loop TN): 50 meg

k. lets see how many days it takes to catch the new speed. it should fix itself over time.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

If Bell only updated the qualification for my specific number, though, would that affect the entire postal code? Bell's site lets you search by phone number to target a specific line, but the TSI site only lets you search by neighbourhood (postal code).
--

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

ah right. yeah. good question. i dont know.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

jacketfeng

join:2008-12-21
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

how much for unlimited DSL 50 ?

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by jacketfeng:

$84.99.

»teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte···d-dsl-50

jacketfeng

join:2008-12-21
Toronto, ON

said by SimplePanda:

said by jacketfeng:

$84.99.

»teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte···d-dsl-50

im thinking Cable 30 or DSL 50

the cable 30 should be 35/3 right?

slivers

join:2009-08-28
Canada
reply to TSI Marc

Just wondering if something like this would be possible?

Say I sign up for the 25/10 but plan to purchase the modem could the rental fee be put towards the purchase of the modem, assuming its more than a couple months?

kithop

join:2011-01-13
Coquitlam, BC
reply to TSI Marc

Looking at »www.teksavvy.com/en/why-teksavvy···e-notice now as the TekSavvyCSR Twitter account posted a link, it says the new Telus DSL packages for AB/BC are 50/2, not 50/10. Is that just a typo on the page, or are we really stuck with that paltry upload speed even on the top-tier package? I really just want the fastest upload possible out here, and am ready to call and upgrade if it is indeed 50/10... but it's not worth it at 2Mbps as I'm already on the 25/2 package.
--
TekSavvy WEST 25M/2M, Unlimited Bandwidth & Static IP

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to donkey

said by donkey:

said by InvalidError:

Humm, Quebec rates for 15/10 are $7/month higher than Ontario's even though there is no distinction between QC and ON in tariff rates.

yes, this bothers me too! Ontario pays less on pretty much every offering for dsl.

I'm guessing TSI does not want their 15/10/300GB VDSL2 to crush their own 20/2/75GB cable in Quebec at the $35/month price point.

The most puzzling price is legacy-DSL costing $1/month MORE than FTTN 7/1 even though legacy-DSL costs $11/month LESS in tariffs... if TSI can somehow afford to offer 7/1/75GB for $26/month despite the $25.47/month tariff rate, they should be able to offer 6/0.8/75GB which has a much lower $14.11/month tariff rate for less than $18/month.

The only way this seems possible is if TSI managed to get a much lower off-tariffs 7/1 FTTN rate... and for TSI's retail rate on 7/1 to be $1 lower than legacy 6/0.8, the off-tariff rate would theoretically need to be even lower than $14.11 for that to make sense, otherwise Legacy should still be cheaper due to lower wholesale rate and smaller bandwidth footprint.

For all the 'thinking' TSI said they have done, there is some seriously weird and suspicious stuff in there.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

You're assuming there are no off-tariff deals for FTTN, and that FTTN services don't lead to lower support costs (customers less likely to have issues).
--

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to RuralOtt

said by RuralOtt:

Just got off the phone with the order rep. Moving from 6M to FTTN 15/1. The set up fee is $50. I asked about the $25 discount but she doesn't know anything about it. I also lost the group discount ($2) and the static IP discount ($1). Just a heads-up.

It's on the web site.

DSL activation fee discount -$25.00

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC

said by bjlockie:

It's on the web site.

There is also a note on the website that the discount requires you to buy a modem from TSI. Moving from 6/1 to 15/1 in most cases would not require a new modem.
--

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

You're assuming there are no off-tariff deals for FTTN, and that FTTN services don't lead to lower support costs (customers less likely to have issues).

I did suggest the possibility of an off-tariff deal but I have a hard time imagining Bell letting it slip anywhere close to $14.11/month.

As for possibly lower support costs, I seriously doubt those costs would account the remainder of the $12/month discrepancy between wholesale costs and retail rates. Lately, there seems to be far many more people complaining about speed and profile issues on FTTN than legacy so I doubt legacy support costs are substantially higher. The bulk of Legacy subscribers are likely like me: they order it and it just works, give or take the occasional Bell mess-up or two just like any order for any tier because most of us land on remotes anyhow.

bbhog

join:2010-07-05
North York, ON
reply to jacketfeng

said by jacketfeng:

im thinking Cable 30 or DSL 50

the cable 30 should be 35/3 right?

IMO 35/3 doesn't make sense to buy

45/4 = $54.95
35/3 = $49.95
25/2 = $39.95

45/4 FTW

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

said by bjlockie:

It's on the web site.

There is also a note on the website that the discount requires you to buy a modem from TSI. Moving from 6/1 to 15/1 in most cases would not require a new modem.

that's actually an old thing also.. with the new modems.. it wont make sense. so we'll be removing that. sorry
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

serg2009

join:2009-07-17
reply to TSI Marc

Just subbed from 6/1 -300 g to 25/10 -300 g. While I'm not too happy with the $50.00 dollar activation fee and the $8.00 a month modem rental charge, I'll deal with it. How long before we can purchase the modem, I would really like to knock off $8.00 (plust HST) in the bill Asap.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

should have answer next week.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

smartel

join:2008-05-31
Brossard, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

I was wondering, about the VDSL modems, will you only sell the "Sagemcom F@ST 2864", or will there be some options? Ideally, i'd like to buy a modem that offer a bridge mode, with no WiFi capability, and only one ethernet port on the LAN side.

It would also be nice if the modems made it easy for people to get IPv6 Internet connectivity (in routed/not bridged scenarios, of course)

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

He said yesterday the sagecom is the only modem allowed by bell

zeroreality

join:2013-03-18
Mississauga, ON
reply to bbwarrior

Yeah, I called in today and was able to get the new rates and new activation fee. I was charged on Tuesday though, so they just put the rest as a credit on my account.

Here's how it went...

I had to "cancel" my order, and there was no cost to do so. It did push my install date back a week. Instead of tomorrow, it would be next Friday... But...

While I was on the phone with TSI customer service, my cell rang from TSI cancellations department and offered to un-cancel my service and just apply the credit instead of creating a new order; keeping my install for tomorrow!

Well done TSI, certainly a better experience from dealing with the big guys.

kingb71

join:2000-10-09
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

how do I upgrade on the web site?
If I click on the speed I want on the 1st page it looks like a new customer sign up.
If I sign into the customer portal although it states that I can change DSL speeds there, the option isn't there in the drop down list.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc

Website shows I only qualify for 25/10 DSL, but I can get 50/10 with Bell (I am on it, and have an attainable of 83/35).

Is this a website error? I cant see the pricing even.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to kingb71

Right now, you have to call in to make the change.