$84.99.

»teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte···d-dsl-50

im thinking Cable 30 or DSL 50

the cable 30 should be 35/3 right?

slivers

join:2009-08-28
Canada
reply to TSI Marc
Just wondering if something like this would be possible?

Say I sign up for the 25/10 but plan to purchase the modem could the rental fee be put towards the purchase of the modem, assuming its more than a couple months?

kithop

join:2011-01-13
Coquitlam, BC
reply to TSI Marc
Looking at »www.teksavvy.com/en/why-teksavvy···e-notice now as the TekSavvyCSR Twitter account posted a link, it says the new Telus DSL packages for AB/BC are 50/2, not 50/10. Is that just a typo on the page, or are we really stuck with that paltry upload speed even on the top-tier package? I really just want the fastest upload possible out here, and am ready to call and upgrade if it is indeed 50/10... but it's not worth it at 2Mbps as I'm already on the 25/2 package.
--
TekSavvy WEST 25M/2M, Unlimited Bandwidth & Static IP

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to donkey
said by donkey:

said by InvalidError:

Humm, Quebec rates for 15/10 are $7/month higher than Ontario's even though there is no distinction between QC and ON in tariff rates.

yes, this bothers me too! Ontario pays less on pretty much every offering for dsl.

I'm guessing TSI does not want their 15/10/300GB VDSL2 to crush their own 20/2/75GB cable in Quebec at the $35/month price point.

The most puzzling price is legacy-DSL costing $1/month MORE than FTTN 7/1 even though legacy-DSL costs $11/month LESS in tariffs... if TSI can somehow afford to offer 7/1/75GB for $26/month despite the $25.47/month tariff rate, they should be able to offer 6/0.8/75GB which has a much lower $14.11/month tariff rate for less than $18/month.

The only way this seems possible is if TSI managed to get a much lower off-tariffs 7/1 FTTN rate... and for TSI's retail rate on 7/1 to be $1 lower than legacy 6/0.8, the off-tariff rate would theoretically need to be even lower than $14.11 for that to make sense, otherwise Legacy should still be cheaper due to lower wholesale rate and smaller bandwidth footprint.

For all the 'thinking' TSI said they have done, there is some seriously weird and suspicious stuff in there.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc
You're assuming there are no off-tariff deals for FTTN, and that FTTN services don't lead to lower support costs (customers less likely to have issues).
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to RuralOtt
said by RuralOtt:

Just got off the phone with the order rep. Moving from 6M to FTTN 15/1. The set up fee is $50. I asked about the $25 discount but she doesn't know anything about it. I also lost the group discount ($2) and the static IP discount ($1). Just a heads-up.

It's on the web site.

DSL activation fee discount -$25.00

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
said by bjlockie:

It's on the web site.

There is also a note on the website that the discount requires you to buy a modem from TSI. Moving from 6/1 to 15/1 in most cases would not require a new modem.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

You're assuming there are no off-tariff deals for FTTN, and that FTTN services don't lead to lower support costs (customers less likely to have issues).

I did suggest the possibility of an off-tariff deal but I have a hard time imagining Bell letting it slip anywhere close to $14.11/month.

As for possibly lower support costs, I seriously doubt those costs would account the remainder of the $12/month discrepancy between wholesale costs and retail rates. Lately, there seems to be far many more people complaining about speed and profile issues on FTTN than legacy so I doubt legacy support costs are substantially higher. The bulk of Legacy subscribers are likely like me: they order it and it just works, give or take the occasional Bell mess-up or two just like any order for any tier because most of us land on remotes anyhow.

bbhog

join:2010-07-05
North York, ON
reply to jacketfeng
said by jacketfeng:

im thinking Cable 30 or DSL 50

the cable 30 should be 35/3 right?

IMO 35/3 doesn't make sense to buy

45/4 = $54.95
35/3 = $49.95
25/2 = $39.95

45/4 FTW

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

said by bjlockie:

It's on the web site.

There is also a note on the website that the discount requires you to buy a modem from TSI. Moving from 6/1 to 15/1 in most cases would not require a new modem.

that's actually an old thing also.. with the new modems.. it wont make sense. so we'll be removing that. sorry
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

serg2009

join:2009-07-17
reply to TSI Marc
Just subbed from 6/1 -300 g to 25/10 -300 g. While I'm not too happy with the $50.00 dollar activation fee and the $8.00 a month modem rental charge, I'll deal with it. How long before we can purchase the modem, I would really like to knock off $8.00 (plust HST) in the bill Asap.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
should have answer next week.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

smartel

join:2008-05-31
Brossard, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
I was wondering, about the VDSL modems, will you only sell the "Sagemcom F@ST 2864", or will there be some options? Ideally, i'd like to buy a modem that offer a bridge mode, with no WiFi capability, and only one ethernet port on the LAN side.

It would also be nice if the modems made it easy for people to get IPv6 Internet connectivity (in routed/not bridged scenarios, of course)

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
He said yesterday the sagecom is the only modem allowed by bell

zeroreality

join:2013-03-18
Mississauga, ON
reply to GOTEKKY_JP
Yeah, I called in today and was able to get the new rates and new activation fee. I was charged on Tuesday though, so they just put the rest as a credit on my account.

Here's how it went...

I had to "cancel" my order, and there was no cost to do so. It did push my install date back a week. Instead of tomorrow, it would be next Friday... But...

While I was on the phone with TSI customer service, my cell rang from TSI cancellations department and offered to un-cancel my service and just apply the credit instead of creating a new order; keeping my install for tomorrow!

Well done TSI, certainly a better experience from dealing with the big guys.

kingb71

join:2000-10-09
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc
how do I upgrade on the web site?
If I click on the speed I want on the 1st page it looks like a new customer sign up.
If I sign into the customer portal although it states that I can change DSL speeds there, the option isn't there in the drop down list.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc
Website shows I only qualify for 25/10 DSL, but I can get 50/10 with Bell (I am on it, and have an attainable of 83/35).

Is this a website error? I cant see the pricing even.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to kingb71
Right now, you have to call in to make the change.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to coaxguy
If you qualify for 50Mbps with Bell and on our site it says 25, you more than likely qualify for 50 with us as well. I can always double check (PM me your details) but I am fairly confident.

Our team is working on this.

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Acanac
reply to InvalidError
Thanks for the explanations InvalidError and Guspaz.

However I was kind of hoping for somebody from TSI to shed some light on the Ont/Que pricing scheme, however it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, or they choose not to divulge deals they might or might not have made in Ontario with and or without Bell.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by donkey:

Thanks for the explanations InvalidError and Guspaz.

However I was kind of hoping for somebody from TSI to shed some light on the Ont/Que pricing scheme, however it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, or they choose not to divulge deals they might or might not have made in Ontario with and or without Bell.

It was already explained by me a few times already. Our costs are different.. so the prices are different. I dont agree with it either but there you have it. :\ Sorry. You can try to find the post I made about regular rates.. that's why I posted that to show what it would otherwise be. We're all better off this way than the other... so, digging deeper doesn't really help anybody.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC
fair enough, I missed where you had explained it, my mistake. thanks

ali gil

join:2009-08-21
North York, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Hey now that the new rates are in effect, are uploads exempt from your 300gb transfer limit?

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
said by ali gil:

Hey now that the new rates are in effect, are uploads exempt from your 300gb transfer limit?

yes they are
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

bryanviper

join:2002-10-12
Toronto, CAN
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

should have answer next week.

Cant wait.

I hope once you guys figure out the details about the modems you will send out a mass email to everybody. If it was not for this forum I would not know about the new rates. I have a lot a friends/clients I have signed up in the past and I have to pass this info to them.

Hopefully we can buy a good compatible modem at a good price. I really dont want to pay a rental fee..... sucks I cant use my Speedtouch 516 for 15/10 dsl
--
»www.MaximumRepair.ca
Computer Repair/Upgrades In Toronto.

Flannel
Unleaded
Premium
join:2007-11-28

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc
The "TekSavvy Service Change Request Form" is not very clear (pick DSL GAS to go from 6/0.8 to 7/1?). But does that mean that going from 7/1 to 10/1 would cost $95?!
Current options:
Dial-Up - Change of Package - $0.00
Dial-Up - Moving - $0.00
DSL GAS (ON/QC) - Change Service Address - $50.00
DSL FTTN (ON/QC) - Change Service Address - $95.00
DSL GAS Dry Loop (ON/QC) - Change Service Address - $69.99
DSL FTTN Dry Loop (ON/QC) - Change Service Address - $114.99
DSL GAS (ON/QC) - Changing GAS Phone Number - $50.00
DSL FTTN (ON/QC) - Changing FTTN Phone Number - $95.00
DSL GAS (ON/QC) - Changing Phone Provider - $50.00
DSL FTTN (ON/QC) - Changing Phone Provider - $95.00
TekTalk - Moving - $0.00
TekTalk - Change of Package - $0.00
TekTalk - Changing Phone Number - $0.00
Phone (ON/QC) - Removing Feature - $5.00
Phone (ON/QC) - Change of Directory / Display Name - $30.00
LD (ON/QC) - Change of Package - $0.00
Cable (Chatham) - Moving - $65.00
Cable (Chatham) - Change of Bandwidth Plan - $0.00
Cable (Chatham) - Change of Speed Package - $0.00
Cable (ON) - Change of Bandwidth Plan - $0.00
Cable (ON) - Change of Speed Package - $0.00
Cable (QC) - Moving - $85.00
Cable (ON) - Modem Swap - $0.00
Cable (QC) - Modem Swap - $5.00
Cable (CHATHAM ONLY) - Modem Swap - $0.00

EDIT: Ah, just read TSI Andre's post, I guess WE MUST CALL.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
I was just about to reply to you to advise that you would need to call in to make that change. With all the changes going on, some things are in the process of being updated. We can definitely take care of that if you call us for the change

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Flannel
Unleaded
Premium
join:2007-11-28

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc
When I called (and waited in queue...) was told I cannot make any changes, the new rates are not available until March 27... No reference to this in this thread, title clearly says "NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013". Just strange...

said by TSI Jonathan:

We can definitely cannot take care of that if you call us for the change

Fixed.