join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

said by bjlockie:

It's on the web site.

DSL activation fee discount -$25.00

There is also a note on the website that the discount requires you to buy a modem from TSI. Moving from 6/1 to 15/1 in most cases would not require a new modem.

that's actually an old thing also.. with the new modems.. it wont make sense. so we'll be removing that. sorry
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

serg2009

join:2009-07-17
reply to TSI Marc

Just subbed from 6/1 -300 g to 25/10 -300 g. While I'm not too happy with the $50.00 dollar activation fee and the $8.00 a month modem rental charge, I'll deal with it. How long before we can purchase the modem, I would really like to knock off $8.00 (plust HST) in the bill Asap.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

should have answer next week.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

smartel

join:2008-05-31
Brossard, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

I was wondering, about the VDSL modems, will you only sell the "Sagemcom F@ST 2864", or will there be some options? Ideally, i'd like to buy a modem that offer a bridge mode, with no WiFi capability, and only one ethernet port on the LAN side.

It would also be nice if the modems made it easy for people to get IPv6 Internet connectivity (in routed/not bridged scenarios, of course)

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

He said yesterday the sagecom is the only modem allowed by bell

zeroreality

join:2013-03-18
Mississauga, ON
reply to bbwarrior

Yeah, I called in today and was able to get the new rates and new activation fee. I was charged on Tuesday though, so they just put the rest as a credit on my account.

Here's how it went...

I had to "cancel" my order, and there was no cost to do so. It did push my install date back a week. Instead of tomorrow, it would be next Friday... But...

While I was on the phone with TSI customer service, my cell rang from TSI cancellations department and offered to un-cancel my service and just apply the credit instead of creating a new order; keeping my install for tomorrow!

Well done TSI, certainly a better experience from dealing with the big guys.

kingb71

join:2000-10-09
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

how do I upgrade on the web site?
If I click on the speed I want on the 1st page it looks like a new customer sign up.
If I sign into the customer portal although it states that I can change DSL speeds there, the option isn't there in the drop down list.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
reply to TSI Marc

Website shows I only qualify for 25/10 DSL, but I can get 50/10 with Bell (I am on it, and have an attainable of 83/35).

Is this a website error? I cant see the pricing even.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to kingb71

Right now, you have to call in to make the change.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to coaxguy

If you qualify for 50Mbps with Bell and on our site it says 25, you more than likely qualify for 50 with us as well. I can always double check (PM me your details) but I am fairly confident.

Our team is working on this.

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Acanac
reply to InvalidError

Thanks for the explanations InvalidError and Guspaz.

However I was kind of hoping for somebody from TSI to shed some light on the Ont/Que pricing scheme, however it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, or they choose not to divulge deals they might or might not have made in Ontario with and or without Bell.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by donkey:

Thanks for the explanations InvalidError and Guspaz.

However I was kind of hoping for somebody from TSI to shed some light on the Ont/Que pricing scheme, however it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, or they choose not to divulge deals they might or might not have made in Ontario with and or without Bell.

It was already explained by me a few times already. Our costs are different.. so the prices are different. I dont agree with it either but there you have it. :\ Sorry. You can try to find the post I made about regular rates.. that's why I posted that to show what it would otherwise be. We're all better off this way than the other... so, digging deeper doesn't really help anybody.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

fair enough, I missed where you had explained it, my mistake. thanks

ali gil

join:2009-08-21
North York, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Hey now that the new rates are in effect, are uploads exempt from your 300gb transfer limit?

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

said by ali gil:

Hey now that the new rates are in effect, are uploads exempt from your 300gb transfer limit?

yes they are
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

bryanviper

join:2002-10-12
Toronto, CAN
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

should have answer next week.

Cant wait.

I hope once you guys figure out the details about the modems you will send out a mass email to everybody. If it was not for this forum I would not know about the new rates. I have a lot a friends/clients I have signed up in the past and I have to pass this info to them.

Hopefully we can buy a good compatible modem at a good price. I really dont want to pay a rental fee..... sucks I cant use my Speedtouch 516 for 15/10 dsl
--
»www.MaximumRepair.ca
Computer Repair/Upgrades In Toronto.

Flannel
Unleaded
Premium
join:2007-11-28

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

The "TekSavvy Service Change Request Form" is not very clear (pick DSL GAS to go from 6/0.8 to 7/1?). But does that mean that going from 7/1 to 10/1 would cost $95?!
Current options:
Dial-Up - Change of Package - $0.00
Dial-Up - Moving - $0.00
DSL GAS (ON/QC) - Change Service Address - $50.00
DSL FTTN (ON/QC) - Change Service Address - $95.00
DSL GAS Dry Loop (ON/QC) - Change Service Address - $69.99
DSL FTTN Dry Loop (ON/QC) - Change Service Address - $114.99
DSL GAS (ON/QC) - Changing GAS Phone Number - $50.00
DSL FTTN (ON/QC) - Changing FTTN Phone Number - $95.00
DSL GAS (ON/QC) - Changing Phone Provider - $50.00
DSL FTTN (ON/QC) - Changing Phone Provider - $95.00
TekTalk - Moving - $0.00
TekTalk - Change of Package - $0.00
TekTalk - Changing Phone Number - $0.00
Phone (ON/QC) - Removing Feature - $5.00
Phone (ON/QC) - Change of Directory / Display Name - $30.00
LD (ON/QC) - Change of Package - $0.00
Cable (Chatham) - Moving - $65.00
Cable (Chatham) - Change of Bandwidth Plan - $0.00
Cable (Chatham) - Change of Speed Package - $0.00
Cable (ON) - Change of Bandwidth Plan - $0.00
Cable (ON) - Change of Speed Package - $0.00
Cable (QC) - Moving - $85.00
Cable (ON) - Modem Swap - $0.00
Cable (QC) - Modem Swap - $5.00
Cable (CHATHAM ONLY) - Modem Swap - $0.00

EDIT: Ah, just read TSI Andre's post, I guess WE MUST CALL.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

I was just about to reply to you to advise that you would need to call in to make that change. With all the changes going on, some things are in the process of being updated. We can definitely take care of that if you call us for the change

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Flannel
Unleaded
Premium

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

When I called (and waited in queue...) was told I cannot make any changes, the new rates are not available until March 27... No reference to this in this thread, title clearly says "NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013". Just strange...

said by TSI Jon:

We can definitely cannot take care of that if you call us for the change

Fixed.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Hello,

To be clear, are you attempting to switch from 6megs to 7megs?

If so, then the service should be available to switch, assuming 7Megs is available to you.

Could you please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum or send me a PM TSI Martin See Profile with yoru information and I'll look into it.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Flannel
Unleaded
Premium

Yes. Thanks.
Bell's called many times these past weeks, I finally asked them why and they excitedly announced that fiber is now available at our address and they have great bundles to offer me ===> no thanks, happy with Teksavvy. But that did clue me in that 7Mbps should be available at least. (I tried their online tool and it also confirms).

kitkatneko

join:2007-10-17
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I understand for higher upload 15/10 and up, teksavvy forces the modem rental on the customer.
May it be Bell or Teksavvy, why doesn't the site say (at least I could not find it) what this modem will do for me.
can someone chime in about the specs and features?
I want to understand if I should start selling my wireless router and AP because that modem may already do it.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by kitkatneko:

I understand for higher upload 15/10 and up, teksavvy forces the modem rental on the customer.
May it be Bell or Teksavvy, why doesn't the site say (at least I could not find it) what this modem will do for me.
can someone chime in about the specs and features?
I want to understand if I should start selling my wireless router and AP because that modem may already do it.

Even the manufacturer does not post specs on the unit, its a custom made model for Bell. There's no official literature to post any meaningful details.

You can look it up, its the Sagemcom F@ST 2864.

Its a VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem, with built in router, 4-port switch and wireless (802.11n). Pretty sure the switch is Gig-E, not sure if it does dual N, or just 2.4Ghz. There are people here who recently go it switching to 50/10, they could tell you more.

kitkatneko

join:2007-10-17
Toronto, ON

thanks TypeS. I am also saying that Teksavvy could be cleared around this. I understand everyone has different setup but some the regular guys like me, I don't necessarily want to come here and read the 10 modem discussion pages.

shawn_on_ca

join:2012-03-12
Markham, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Hi TSI:

Granted the CRTC reduced the wholesale DSL rates allowing you to offer some attractive pricing, but given that some of the prices for different tiers are packed so close to each other that there is hardly any noticeable price distinction between the speed tiers, what kind of stability can we expect in the current pricing posted on the website? How would the whole grand-fathering thing work if prices do go up for any of the plans, because I haven't seen any grandfathering done in the past? Can you give us an indication whether your intent with the current pricing is for it to be a promotional price scheme or would you envision these to be the permanent prices in the medium term for the respective plans, or atleast until the pricing fundamentals changed for TSI forcing it to revise the prices again?

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

The Sagemcom is 2.4GHz only 802.11n with 20MHz and 40MHz support.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
reply to TSI Marc

Isn't Telus 50Mbps supposed to have 10Mbps upload?

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by jtl999:

What do they advertise on their own retail packages? I tried to check but I don't know what cities and areas have access to VDSL2 from Telus. Wish they'd let you see the packages regardless of availability.

spectrum

join:2011-01-14

said by TypeS:

What do they advertise on their own retail packages? I tried to check but I don't know what cities and areas have access to VDSL2 from Telus. Wish they'd let you see the packages regardless of availability.

They don't say on the site (as the only place that makes mention of 50Mbps, makes no mention of the upload speed), however there have been reps in the Telus DSLR forum that have said it's 10mbps.

said by jtl999:

Are you seeing this on the Teksavvy webpage? I only see the 6,15,25 ones (even if I put in my postal code)