TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32
reply to Flannel

Re: NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013

Hello,

To be clear, are you attempting to switch from 6megs to 7megs?

If so, then the service should be available to switch, assuming 7Megs is available to you.

Could you please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum or send me a PM TSI Martin See Profile with yoru information and I'll look into it.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Flannel
Unleaded
Premium
join:2007-11-28

Yes. Thanks.
Bell's called many times these past weeks, I finally asked them why and they excitedly announced that fiber is now available at our address and they have great bundles to offer me ===> no thanks, happy with Teksavvy. But that did clue me in that 7Mbps should be available at least. (I tried their online tool and it also confirms).

kitkatneko

join:2007-10-17
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I understand for higher upload 15/10 and up, teksavvy forces the modem rental on the customer.
May it be Bell or Teksavvy, why doesn't the site say (at least I could not find it) what this modem will do for me.
can someone chime in about the specs and features?
I want to understand if I should start selling my wireless router and AP because that modem may already do it.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by kitkatneko:

I understand for higher upload 15/10 and up, teksavvy forces the modem rental on the customer.
May it be Bell or Teksavvy, why doesn't the site say (at least I could not find it) what this modem will do for me.
can someone chime in about the specs and features?
I want to understand if I should start selling my wireless router and AP because that modem may already do it.

Even the manufacturer does not post specs on the unit, its a custom made model for Bell. There's no official literature to post any meaningful details.

You can look it up, its the Sagemcom F@ST 2864.

Its a VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem, with built in router, 4-port switch and wireless (802.11n). Pretty sure the switch is Gig-E, not sure if it does dual N, or just 2.4Ghz. There are people here who recently go it switching to 50/10, they could tell you more.

kitkatneko

join:2007-10-17
Toronto, ON

thanks TypeS. I am also saying that Teksavvy could be cleared around this. I understand everyone has different setup but some the regular guys like me, I don't necessarily want to come here and read the 10 modem discussion pages.

shawn_on_ca

join:2012-03-12
Markham, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Hi TSI:

Granted the CRTC reduced the wholesale DSL rates allowing you to offer some attractive pricing, but given that some of the prices for different tiers are packed so close to each other that there is hardly any noticeable price distinction between the speed tiers, what kind of stability can we expect in the current pricing posted on the website? How would the whole grand-fathering thing work if prices do go up for any of the plans, because I haven't seen any grandfathering done in the past? Can you give us an indication whether your intent with the current pricing is for it to be a promotional price scheme or would you envision these to be the permanent prices in the medium term for the respective plans, or atleast until the pricing fundamentals changed for TSI forcing it to revise the prices again?

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22
reply to TSI Marc

The Sagemcom is 2.4GHz only 802.11n with 20MHz and 40MHz support.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

jtl999
CEO of Team Classified

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
reply to TSI Marc

Isn't Telus 50Mbps supposed to have 10Mbps upload?

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by jtl999:

What do they advertise on their own retail packages? I tried to check but I don't know what cities and areas have access to VDSL2 from Telus. Wish they'd let you see the packages regardless of availability.

spectrum

join:2011-01-14

said by TypeS:

What do they advertise on their own retail packages? I tried to check but I don't know what cities and areas have access to VDSL2 from Telus. Wish they'd let you see the packages regardless of availability.

They don't say on the site (as the only place that makes mention of 50Mbps, makes no mention of the upload speed), however there have been reps in the Telus DSLR forum that have said it's 10mbps.

said by jtl999:

Are you seeing this on the Teksavvy webpage? I only see the 6,15,25 ones (even if I put in my postal code)

kithop

join:2011-01-13
Coquitlam, BC

Probably referring to the Twitter notice and page (hidden?) I linked to further back:

»www.teksavvy.com/en/why-teksavvy···e-notice

The package names aren't even linked anywhere, which makes sense, because they're not showing up on the site (only see up to 25). I'm hoping the 2Mbps upload is just a placeholder because whoever did the page didn't have the info, and it is indeed 10Mbps upload, but I'm not sure what's going on there. I have a feeling they're still sorting the details out with Telus.
--
TekSavvy WEST 25M/2M, Unlimited Bandwidth & Static IP