Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26
reply to da_guy2

Re: NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013

said by da_guy2:

Marc,

I know you're not ready to provide details on buying VDSL modems, but I was wondering if there were any details about buying out rented modems, or credits towards rental fees already payed. I'd love to switch now, but it it means paying a bunch extra I can wait.

Thanks,

it will be a flat price. regardless of how long you've been signed up. rental fees already paid wont be looked at.. for the few days between now and when those go live.. we'll likely look at that but otherwise no... i really wish i could have launched both at the same time but it seems nothing is simple anymore these days.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to HiVolt

I just like teasing you

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by TSI Andre:

I just like teasing you

I noticed
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22
reply to TSI Marc

I just got an e-mail saying that my account has been audited and my prices are being raised because I don't qualify for a discount anymore, but I'm about to order the more expensive 50 meg service anyhow :P

Gonna be a lot of account pricing updates coming up. The audit correction followed by the speed increase price change and then I need to get our business account updated because we've been overpaying on that for ages and want to get that speed changed :P
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

steve1976

join:2013-02-21

1 edit
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

Hi Da_Guy2,

Removed incorrect info

Andre

Edit: Removed incorrect info

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by TSI Andre:

I just like teasing you

I noticed

Careful he also wears dresses...
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to steve1976

Oh. I missed the VDSL part. I will edit.

SimplePanda

join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to steve1976

said by steve1976:

said by TSI Andre:

Hi Da_Guy2,

Modem details are not there yet. In the Interim, we also have Open Box Modems which have a 90 day warranty you could buy for less...

They are all tested prior to going back out to make sure they are performing well.

Cheers,

Andre

Is that for VDSL? Didn't know you guys sell Open Box Modems for VDSL. What's the price for these as I dont see them listed on your site.

Hehe - my thinks there is a stack of "slightly used only been dropped once" CellPipe's sitting in a closet somewhere.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22
reply to TSI Marc

Well, I've got a whole pile of "recertified" 2wire modems that I bought on the cheap, but only half of them work, and I don't know which half :P
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

da_guy2

join:2003-06-10
Kanata, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by da_guy2:

Marc,

I know you're not ready to provide details on buying VDSL modems, but I was wondering if there were any details about buying out rented modems, or credits towards rental fees already payed. I'd love to switch now, but it it means paying a bunch extra I can wait.

Thanks,

it will be a flat price. regardless of how long you've been signed up. rental fees already paid wont be looked at.. for the few days between now and when those go live.. we'll likely look at that but otherwise no... i really wish i could have launched both at the same time but it seems nothing is simple anymore these days.

Thanks Marc,

Unfortunately I just checked my last bill, and I just passed my last billing period. No point wasting 3+ weeks of internet I've already paid for. Might as well wait for everything to get ironed out and switch then.

jerrycan

join:2010-11-05
Waterloo, ON
reply to TSI Marc

In for the 15! Install next Tuesday!

Phibian

join:2009-06-01
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Marc,

If we already have a working modem (not the one being rented) will we be able to return the rental or will we be required to purchase it in order to stop paying the rental fee?

SimplePanda

Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Phibian:

Marc,

If we already have a working modem (not the one being rented) will we be able to return the rental or will we be required to purchase it in order to stop paying the rental fee?

Offtopic q - did you have to do any VLAN tagging with your Zyxel (or router connected to the Zyxel)?

Phibian

join:2009-06-01
Ottawa, ON

VLAN is configured in the bridge settings on the Zyxel. Router just does normal PPPoE.

polkaroo

join:2009-04-01
Ottawa
reply to TSI Marc

I'm looking forward to owning my own VDSL modem.

Marc, will you email your Bell modem renters and let them know when the option becomes available?

P.S. Upgraded to 50/10 from 25/10 this morning. There still seemed to be a few kinks in the process to work out when I spoke with Ken.

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to jerrycan

said by jerrycan:

In for the 15! Install next Tuesday!

+1
--
Chief Operating Officer

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Phibian

said by Phibian:

Marc,

Hey Phibian,

Working out all of those details... stay tuned !
--
Chief Operating Officer

steve1976

join:2013-02-21

Couldn't wait for the modem issues to be worked out, install date is Wednesday for 15mb.

Will move over to 50 (i qualify) when the modem issues are solved.

Xuhum
Premium
join:2007-10-05
Canada
reply to TSI Marc

Input my postal code and it doesn't list 50/10, only 25/10, but Bell's site says I can get 50/10... Do you guys use different tools or what?

Also, 50/10 page Overage tab "Overage on all packages 50Gbps and higher will be charged at $0.25/GB." :P

SimplePanda

Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Phibian

said by Phibian:

VLAN is configured in the bridge settings on the Zyxel. Router just does normal PPPoE.

Great news! Thanks. VLAN 35 yes?

malquin

join:2005-05-13
Montreal, QC
reply to Rickkins

As someone asked, any news for people on Videotron's network?

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Xuhum

said by Xuhum:

Input my postal code and it doesn't list 50/10, only 25/10, but Bell's site says I can get 50/10... Do you guys use different tools or what?

Also, 50/10 page Overage tab "Overage on all packages 50Gbps and higher will be charged at $0.25/GB." :P

We are currently investigating this.. seems like a bug. Can you PM me your details please and I will send to the team.
--
Chief Operating Officer

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to malquin

said by malquin:

As someone asked, any news for people on Videotron's network?

Don't have those as of yet. We are working on it and as soon as we do we will post it. Sorry for the delay...
--
Chief Operating Officer

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON

I just tried my postal code again and it now shows 50/10 max instead of 25/10.

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON

great thanks

darrylr

join:2003-02-10
Nepean, ON

I'm all signed up for a March 26 install with 25/10!

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON

said by darrylr:

I'm all signed up for a March 26 install with 25/10!

Rock on!
--
Chief Operating Officer

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON

Could I get a PM from someone to help set my order up, my account needs some extra work done to it

CyberCam

join:2008-04-21
Whitby, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Great news! Any idea when the new speed rates will be available in the Rogers area? I'm so looking forward to the better upload speeds.

DrZEUS

join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

whats the fastest way I can get my new rate of $32.95 for 15/1? I am currently signed up for 16/1 paying $44.95.