reply to TSI Marc

Re: NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013

In for the 15! Install next Tuesday!

Phibian

join:2009-06-01
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Marc,

If we already have a working modem (not the one being rented) will we be able to return the rental or will we be required to purchase it in order to stop paying the rental fee?

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Phibian:

Marc,

If we already have a working modem (not the one being rented) will we be able to return the rental or will we be required to purchase it in order to stop paying the rental fee?

Offtopic q - did you have to do any VLAN tagging with your Zyxel (or router connected to the Zyxel)?

Phibian

join:2009-06-01
Ottawa, ON
VLAN is configured in the bridge settings on the Zyxel. Router just does normal PPPoE.

polkaroo

join:2009-04-01
Ottawa
reply to TSI Marc
I'm looking forward to owning my own VDSL modem.

Marc, will you email your Bell modem renters and let them know when the option becomes available?

P.S. Upgraded to 50/10 from 25/10 this morning. There still seemed to be a few kinks in the process to work out when I spoke with Ken.

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
reply to jerrycan
said by jerrycan:

In for the 15! Install next Tuesday!

+1
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Phibian
said by Phibian:

Marc,

Hey Phibian,

Working out all of those details... stay tuned !
--
Chief Operating Officer

steve1976

join:2013-02-21
Couldn't wait for the modem issues to be worked out, install date is Wednesday for 15mb.

Will move over to 50 (i qualify) when the modem issues are solved.

Xuhum
Premium
join:2007-10-05
Canada
reply to TSI Marc
Input my postal code and it doesn't list 50/10, only 25/10, but Bell's site says I can get 50/10... Do you guys use different tools or what?

Also, 50/10 page Overage tab "Overage on all packages 50Gbps and higher will be charged at $0.25/GB." :P

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Phibian
said by Phibian:

VLAN is configured in the bridge settings on the Zyxel. Router just does normal PPPoE.

Great news! Thanks. VLAN 35 yes?

malquin

join:2005-05-13
Montreal, QC
reply to Rickkins
As someone asked, any news for people on Videotron's network?

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Xuhum
said by Xuhum:

Input my postal code and it doesn't list 50/10, only 25/10, but Bell's site says I can get 50/10... Do you guys use different tools or what?

Also, 50/10 page Overage tab "Overage on all packages 50Gbps and higher will be charged at $0.25/GB." :P

We are currently investigating this.. seems like a bug. Can you PM me your details please and I will send to the team.
--
Chief Operating Officer

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to malquin
said by malquin:

As someone asked, any news for people on Videotron's network?

Don't have those as of yet. We are working on it and as soon as we do we will post it. Sorry for the delay...
--
Chief Operating Officer

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON
I just tried my postal code again and it now shows 50/10 max instead of 25/10.

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
great thanks

darrylr

join:2003-02-10
Nepean, ON
I'm all signed up for a March 26 install with 25/10!

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
said by darrylr:

I'm all signed up for a March 26 install with 25/10!

Rock on!
--
Chief Operating Officer

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON
Could I get a PM from someone to help set my order up, my account needs some extra work done to it

CyberCam

join:2008-04-21
Whitby, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Great news! Any idea when the new speed rates will be available in the Rogers area? I'm so looking forward to the better upload speeds.

DrZEUS

join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc
whats the fastest way I can get my new rate of $32.95 for 15/1? I am currently signed up for 16/1 paying $44.95.

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10
reply to CyberCam
The cable ones? whenever your POI gets upgraded to aggregated...
»[Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

wally_walrus

join:2009-10-07
Orleans, ON
reply to DrZEUS
said by DrZEUS:

whats the fastest way I can get my new rate of $32.95 for 15/1? I am currently signed up for 16/1 paying $44.95.

+1! Also I have a few discounts applied to my account, will these continue on with the new rate?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc
Click for full size
15/10 what!
Full stop.

since when is 15/10 an option on Bell? That tier was never mentioned when the new pricing came out....

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc
That tier has been available from Bell since VDSL2 service was first introduced, which was what, two years ago? It was made available to wholesalers back when the very first interim FTTN tarrifs were done. TekSavvy is only now starting to sell it publicly however.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Agreed but TSI has stated numerous times they weren't going to offer it. What changed?

da_guy2

join:2003-06-10
Kanata, ON
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

That tier has been available since VDSL2 service was first introduced, which was what, two years ago?

Under the previous pricing schemes 15/10 wasn't "financially viable" for teksavvy to offer. I guess with the new pricing that's changed. Not sure why Marc didn't tell us about it a few weeks ago.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to creed3020
said by creed3020:

Agreed but TSI has stated numerous times they weren't going to offer it. What changed?

Who knows... but some people don't need the 25meg download, but would like better than the pathetic 800k-1meg upload of the ADSL/ADSL2+ tiers... $5 saving could be important for some people.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc
Yes, 15/10 used to cost more than 25/10 on the tariff level, so it was pretty dumb. It was cheaper for a wholesaler to take 25/10 and rate-limit it to 15/10, rather than to get the actual 15/10 service.

Under the final FTTN tariffs, 15/10 was made "just another tier" rather than a strange "tier plus option fee" thing. Since all the access rates are essentially the same now, from 7/1 through 50/10, with the variable cost being put into CBB, it now makes sense to sell 15/10.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

CyberCam

join:2008-04-21
Whitby, ON
reply to Scycotic
Thanks Scycotic! Looks like Ajax will be upgrade April 29th... nice to know. I'm so looking forward to it!

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to CyberCam
said by CyberCam:

Great news! Any idea when the new speed rates will be available in the Rogers area? I'm so looking forward to the better upload speeds.

Next couple of weeks.
--
Chief Operating Officer