how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

spaghetti8

join:2008-05-18

[TV] Fibe TV installation

Hi,

I want to install Fibe TV. I have two TV, but I don't want to get another receiver because we watch the same channel all the time .

I'm wondering if I can connect two TV to one PVR using coaxial splitter, so all the TV's show the same thing, like I have now with Videotron.

Does it work with Fibe TV?

Thanks for your help.

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
yes it will

spaghetti8

reply to spaghetti8
That's great. Thank you.

Actually, I asked Bell before, they keep saying I need another receiver for the second tv. And, I doubt it. But, I can't argue with them because I don't know how fibe tv works...

Thanks again for your help.

Bplayer

join:2012-06-28
Thornhill, ON
reply to spaghetti8
The Fibe TV PVR receiver has a coax output socket that will deliver standard definition signal. It can be split like any other coax cable.

Mr Deeks

@bell.ca
said by Bplayer:

The Fibe TV PVR receiver has a coax output socket that will deliver standard definition signal. It can be split like any other coax cable.

I'm having similar problems and just got off with Bell Tech support and they said you can't split 1 receiver with 2 TVs. I have the receiver hooked to HDMI out (working fine) and I wanted to utilize the coax out on a second TV (don't care if I have to watch the same channel) and I can't get a signal with the coax out portion. Any help?

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
connect coax and hdmi and reboot receiver... i do this at my home
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

spaghetti8

reply to spaghetti8
Hi,

I'm using 1 receiver for 2 TV now.. Thanks~

But, I notice that the PVR will go to sleep mode after 4 hours inactivity.

I called Fibe TV support. She said there's no way to disable the sleep mode.

Is that true? Can I disable that feature? If not, can I change the setting to 12 hours instead of 4 hours?!

Thanks for your help.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
said by spaghetti8:

Hi,

I'm using 1 receiver for 2 TV now.. Thanks~

But, I notice that the PVR will go to sleep mode after 4 hours inactivity.

I called Fibe TV support. She said there's no way to disable the sleep mode.

Is that true? Can I disable that feature? If not, can I change the setting to 12 hours instead of 4 hours?!

Thanks for your help.

This can't be changed for residential customers. It's designed to prevent people from accidentally leaving their STBs on when they're not watching anything. Forcing the device to sleep after a period of inactivity prolongs the life of the internal hard drive and prevents unnecessary bandwidth from being used.

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
Its a bad thing.. because if we listen galaxy, working on the car (like i did last week end).. after 4h, hands full of oil, how can i use the remote to have it continue?

markf

join:2008-01-24
Burlington, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Execulink Telecom
While I'm all for saving power, this seems ridiculous. I know people leave their TV's on when not watching and that is wasteful, but this a very good point.

I know people who have their Bell receivers (satellite) hooked up to sound systems that play for hours. This would not be possible on Fibe TV. You would think it would be something that they would allow consumers to adjust to their own preference.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
said by markf:

While I'm all for saving power, this seems ridiculous. I know people leave their TV's on when not watching and that is wasteful, but this a very good point.

I know people who have their Bell receivers (satellite) hooked up to sound systems that play for hours. This would not be possible on Fibe TV. You would think it would be something that they would allow consumers to adjust to their own preference.

It has little to do with power consumption as Bell doesn't care since you pay for the hydro. Also STBs consumer the same amount of power whether it is on or off anyways. This is just a technique to preserve bandwidth and prolong the life of your PVR. I don't know how many MSOs actually allow you to adjust this setting. I know on Rogers this has never been an option.

I have not tried this myself, have you tried accessing the Galaxy channels through the app as opposed to the actual channel to see if it still exhibits the same behaviour? Just be aware, however, that the Galaxy app counts towards your monthly internet cap, whereas the Galaxy channels do not.

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
reply to Frank_IT
said by Frank_IT:

Its a bad thing.. because if we listen galaxy, working on the car (like i did last week end).. after 4h, hands full of oil, how can i use the remote to have it continue?

You can try calling and escalating the case, I guess. It can be done... they do it for the retail demos and commercial installations like in bars, but I've never heard of them doing it for a residential customer.

Have you considered finding a different way to listen to music than to put it on the TV? My stereo receiver wasn't very expensive at all, and it can connect to the Internet via Ethernet through the modem.... it lets me stream music from a large variety of Internet radio stations. There's a very large number of cheap appliances out there which can do that, including a few which will connect to your TV and use that for the amplifier/speakers: those devices will usually also give you netflix and the ability to stream movies off your computer too.

There's also the old school option of simply turning a radio on....

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Frank_IT
said by Frank_IT:

Put the remote in a Ziploc bag and than hit any button on the remote to keep the receiver awake.

markf

join:2008-01-24
Burlington, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Execulink Telecom
reply to taraf
said by taraf:

Have you considered finding a different way to listen to music than to put it on the TV? My stereo receiver wasn't very expensive at all, and it can connect to the Internet via Ethernet through the modem.... it lets me stream music from a large variety of Internet radio stations. There's a very large number of cheap appliances out there which can do that, including a few which will connect to your TV and use that for the amplifier/speakers: those devices will usually also give you netflix and the ability to stream movies off your computer too.

There's also the old school option of simply turning a radio on....

What's the point of the music channels if you can't listen to them as long as you want?

This seems like a simple software fix. A warning on the screen indicating that PVR life may be shortened if left on for extended periods of time would be enough.

While they don't take excessive amounts of bandwidth, internet radio stations still use up capped data while Galaxy wouldn't.

For the record I have no skin in this game at all, I listen to internet radio through my speakers connected to my phone.