join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

1 recommendation

fuziwuzi to NetDog

Premium Member

to NetDog

Re: [IPv6] IPv6 Routers Tested with User Guides..

I just got my new Zoom 5341J installed, connected to my Linksys E3000 running TomatoUSB (Shibby). I set the IPv6 options and entered a little script command I found online, rebooted and now it seems my IPv6 connection to the world works great. I've gone to some IPv6 sites, even did a speed comparison between my IPv4 and IPv6 (sadly, the IPv6 tests much slower). Note, I'm doing true IPv6, not tunneling.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to PeteC2

to PeteC2
I'm just looking for something robust with a lot of features that I can tinker with looks great on the outside and is using OEM firmware/software.

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog to Bill_F

Premium Member

to Bill_F
said by Bill_F:

NetDog,

What is a good router with WiFi that will work with Comcast business IPV6?
My router that I currently have died recently but I am afraid of buying a new one until I know for sure it will work with the coming Comcast business static upgrades.
I am looking at getting the ASUS RT-AC66U even though it is kind of expensive, but I don't want to buy something and then find out it doesn't support some special protocol that Comcast uses on IPV6...

Bill

I like the ASUS AC66U myself, I have one in my house.. As for the Business class services I am not too sure but I will ask about that.
NetDog

NetDog

Premium Member

Just want everyone to know I am reading your replies, and thank you for replying. I really do appreciate your help...

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim to NetDog

Premium Member

to NetDog
Click for full size
Basic Tab
Click for full size
Admin Tab
Here is my setup that is working with a Zoom model "J" modem and an Asus RT12, using Tomato 1.28. I an using the Google DNS servers as when I went to ipv6-test.com, it complained about lack of IPv6 DNS capability with the DNS lines left blank.

Don't let the skin confuse you, it is really an Asus Router.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I like the skin, where would one find this magic firmware?

pende_tim
Premium Member
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

That skin ships as part of Toastman's Tomato 1.28 VPN build.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

ah, and is the VPN part required?

pende_tim
Premium Member
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

ah, and is the VPN part required?

No, you do not need to activate the VPN features. I do as I need LAN connectivity between 2 homes.
There are many builds of Tomato out there, some have the OpenVPN feature baked in and some so not.

Have you ever used Tomato?

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

aside from on sandwiches, I don't think so. I might have tried wrt several years ago for a few hours but always found myself going back to the stock firmware because I'm a Cisco fan.