Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to Guspaz

to Guspaz

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Ontario - Update

said by Guspaz:

It's iffy, because the 2700HG-B is an ADSL2+ modem, but there is conflicting information about how well it actually does with ADSL2+ connections. Theoretically, it should work.

It works extremely well on 19455/1085.
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug

said by Guspaz:

For legacy service, the advertised rates are the sync speeds, not the actual speeds. For FTTN, the advertised rates are the actual speeds, not the sync speeds.

Note that for legacy, those are max sync speeds. For legacy 5/0.8, I got syncs of 3 Mbps.
said by Mike2009:

said by Guspaz:

It's iffy, because the 2700HG-B is an ADSL2+ modem, but there is conflicting information about how well it actually does with ADSL2+ connections. Theoretically, it should work.

Good to know, as I have one of those modems too. I found that modem isn't the strongest for sync stability for legacy ADSL, but it was good enough, esp. when I only paid $25 for the thing.
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab

What are people recommending these days for buying adsl2+ modem?

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to Eug

to Eug
said by Eug:

said by Guspaz:

For legacy service, the advertised rates are the sync speeds, not the actual speeds. For FTTN, the advertised rates are the actual speeds, not the sync speeds.

Note that for legacy, those are max sync speeds. For legacy 5/0.8, I got syncs of 3 Mbps.
said by Mike2009:

said by Guspaz:

Good to know, as I have one of those modems too. I found that modem isn't the strongest for sync stability for legacy ADSL, but it was good enough, esp. when I only paid $25 for the thing.

The 2700HG-B with AT&T firmware is great. I also have a 2701HG-T with Qwest Firmware which is even better. It has less detailed stats than the 2700 but is extremely stable. I would highly recommend this bridged with a good router.