uniqs
share rss forum feed

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
reply to peterboro

Re: Peterborough residents clamp down on driving & cell phones

we need more of this, despite the laws in place these phone abusers are everywhere

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
said by koira:

we need more of this, despite the laws in place these phone abusers are everywhere

What we need are citizen action groups that congregate at busy intersections with pitch forks threatening to kill any drivers using a cell phone.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
said by peterboro:

said by koira:

What we need are citizen action groups that congregate at busy intersections with pitch forks threatening to kill any drivers using a cell phone.

I find that idea sexually stimulating, I should have you arrested for making me feel indecent.
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by Anav:

I find that idea sexually stimulating,

Which part, the giving or receiving a pitch fork? Just curious as to the strange sexual fetishes of others.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

No, what we need are rural Ontarians with pickup trucks who are capable of running small Japanese compacts off the road patrolling the QEW and 401 for Torontoids sitting in the left lane holding up traffic while oblivious to what's going on around them. Being thrown into the median or into the ditch a few times will cause them to wake up and realize that we're not going to take that kind of bullshit anymore.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by Gone:

said by peterboro:

No, what we need are rural Ontarians with pickup trucks who are capable of running small Japanese compacts off the road patrolling the QEW and 401 for Torontoids sitting in the left lane holding up traffic while oblivious to what's going on around them. Being thrown into the median or into the ditch a few times will cause them to wake up and realize that we're not going to take that kind of bullshit anymore.

Reporting for duty.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

No, what we need are rural Ontarians with pickup trucks who are capable of running small Japanese compacts off the road patrolling the QEW and 401 for Torontoids sitting in the left lane holding up traffic while oblivious to what's going on around them.

Oh, man, drive around the Pen Centre in St. Catharines and I guarantee you that you'll see someone in their late teens or early 20's holding up traffic while they're texting with their phone held so low they're not paying attention to what's in front of them... I've seen it every time I've been down there, enough that it's stuck in my head now.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
To which, if they weren't so terrified to hide the phone so low maybe things wouldn't be so bad...

... but in all honesty, traffic in that part of the city (along with Fourth Avenue) is so bad that not a single person could have a phone with them in their car and it would still be a clusterfuck to drive through.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

Oh, man, drive around the Pen Centre in St. Catharines and I guarantee you that you'll see someone in their late teens or early 20's holding up traffic while they're texting with their phone held so low they're not paying attention to what's in front of them...

Yet if you blow your horn for them to get going you get the finger from the little dipshits.