spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dmikesell
join:2011-12-02
Staunton, VA

dmikesell

[Cable Card] CableCard issues Staunton VA

A few days back I stopped getting some channels (CBS, HGTV, Food, TBS, several others) on both HD and SD. Put in a call, got a call back from a technician yesterday. Had me power down my TiVo, pull my CableCard, restart TiVo. No change. Then told me to take my CableCard to the local office and exchange it as he suspected the card had died. When I went to the local office, the CSR said that they realized it was a system-wide issue with CableCards, and the local supervisor was on a con-call regarding the issue. No ETA on resolution. Anyone here have any news regarding this?
HerronScott
join:2004-12-23
Staunton, VA

HerronScott

Wow, another TiVo user in Staunton (and possibly up the street from me?).

This issue started for us Sunday evening and appears to have been resolved yesterday at least for us. My brother in Waynesboro was still having issues on his TiVo and Comcast DVR.

We called phone support Monday evening when we got back from vacation and they were no help at all and apparently had not heard of any widespread issues. Service returned briefly Tuesday afternoon as I was about to get TiVo and Comcast on the line at the same time, but then went out again that evening. I stopped by the local office on Wednesday to return a DTA and they acknowledged it was a widespread issue in the area. Thursday evening on-line chat did not have an ETA on repairs. I had just sent a mail on Saturday to the Comcast national e-mail address and established an on-line chat session when the issue was resolved. While I had the online chat session going I did get the rep to issue credit for the 6 days we had issues.

Luckily the shows we missed were automatically rescheduled and started to record the reruns where possible (Food Network shows for example).

Scott
dmikesell
Staunton, VA

dmikesell

If you live at the end of the cul-de-sac, then maybe we are neighbors!

We thought the issue was resolved on Thursday, but we were out of town Friday thru today, and when we returned the problem we had earlier in the week was back. After talking to level 1 support, they transferred us to Tivo support, who said that the cable card had lost its pairing. We got transferred to cable card support, who did a re-pairing and reset on the cable card, and told us that it may take up to an hour to download all of the channel info to the cablecard. I don't think that did the trick though - after an hour we still have missing channels.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

It's probably a pairing issue and you may need to run the guided setup again. Yes I know it's a pain.
HerronScott
Staunton, VA

HerronScott

Definitely not a pairing problem. Everything worked fine for about a day and a few hours here but we lost the same channels again last night and they are still out this morning.

Scott
dmikesell
Staunton, VA

dmikesell

Yeah, this morning I have only a few channels - far fewer than last night. Just for kicks I went through the Tivo Setup process but as I expected that did nothing.

A tech is coming out on Wednesday. Since the problem doesn't seem to be here, I don't think there's much he can do but at least that will keep the problem on the radar.
HerronScott
Staunton, VA

HerronScott

I've e-mailed the corporate we_can_help address and posted here in the direct forum.

I plan on also going through the online chat support this evening if it has not been fixed.

Scott
HerronScott

HerronScott

OK, channels seem to be back again. I see that you also posted in the Direct forum but I haven't seen a response there yet.

Scott
dmikesell
Staunton, VA

dmikesell

I still have a whole lot of nothing. The couple of channels I got this morning are gone too.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to HerronScott

to HerronScott
Then it's probably a localized configuration issue in the Staunton area since you both are experiencing the same problem. It'll work itself out.
HerronScott
Staunton, VA

HerronScott to dmikesell

to dmikesell
said by dmikesell:

I still have a whole lot of nothing. The couple of channels I got this morning are gone too.

Did your channels come back yet? Ours have been stable so far but not holding my breath. I did get a mail back from corporate stating the maintenance resolved all the issues in our area.

I don't see where anyone has responded to our posts in the Comcast Direct forum yet.

Scott
dmikesell
Staunton, VA

dmikesell

Mine seem back as of yesterday late afternoon. I haven't cancelled the service call though - like you I'm not holding my breath. How about your brother, you mentioned his service was down as well.

Still nothing from the Comcast Direct forum either.
HerronScott
Staunton, VA

HerronScott

His Comcast DVR was OK and his TiVo was mostly OK except it was not receiving FXHD. He checked it this evening and that's back as well.

Scott

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to dmikesell

to dmikesell
Haven't heard from you guys in the past few days so gonna assume that everything is working now?
dmikesell
Staunton, VA

dmikesell

All seems well here, thanks.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Really glad to hear it.
HerronScott
Staunton, VA

HerronScott

Mine were fine roughly a week after the outage started. Still no explanation for what the issue was or why it took so long to resolve it. Waiting for this month's billing cycle to verify the credit.

Scott

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

If you don't already know, keep an eye on your account online because it updates a lot quicker then the paper bill that gets mailed out.